Best Rio Grande Valley RV Resort
On a recent visit to the Rio Grande Valley we stayed in one of the best RV parks in Texas and in the Rio Grande Valley - Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort in Mission. A near perfect Park for Winter Texans, weekend campers, or a get-a-way vacation - great sites, outstanding service, clean and well landscaped, and plenty of amenities. Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort has received very high ratings from Woodalls and Trailer Life and it made Texas Outside's list of the Best RV Parks & Campgrounds in Texas. Read our review of Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort to learn more about whey we rate it as one of the best in Texas. Our review of the Park doesn't have room for lots of pictures and text, so the intent of this page is to give you a more complete overview of this outstanding Park.
RV Sites, Cabins, and Casitas at Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort
The sites at Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort are fantastic - long, level, paved, well landscaped, and full hook-ups that are conveniently located. There are several types of sites:
- Super Sites - the super sites are perfect for Winter Texans or extended stays - they a long and wide U shaped with landscaping in the middle of the U and on both sides, new hook-up pedestals, a picnic table, a grill, and a small 10' by 12' storage shed
- Pull Through Sites - these sites are arranged in a very unique arrangement that we have never seen before, which helps to make them large and spacious - you don't step outside your camper and take two steps and bump into your neighbor's RV or have a sewer connection next to your picnic table. The sites are form a circle around a Palapa (thatched room and open sites) and each site is 80' by 40' and has: a, perfectly level paved parking pad; a small concrete patio that's landscaped to add privacy; and convenient hook-up including two sewer connections. The only thing missing from our perspective was a picnic table, which most Winter Texans won't miss but weekend campers will.
- Back-in Sites - the majority of the back-in sites are along the perimeter of the Park and in back of these sites is an organic garden, a dog run, or the agility dog park and on the other side of that is open pasture land with cows and horses. Each site has a long paved parking pad, good landscaping, convenient hook-ups, and a patio area
If you don't have an RV or friends and family are joining you the Casitas and Cabins are prefect. All are fully furnished, have well equipped full kitchens, and will sleep two to four very comfortably. The Casitas are very well appointed and are in clusters of three where you can step out your back door and enjoy a Palapa covered patio for coffee, cocktails, or games.
Amenities at Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort
One of the reasons we enjoyed Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort so much was that with all the amenities and social events and friendly people, it's impossible to get bored. Some of the amenities include:
- Craft Room for sewing or making arts and crafts and a very complete woodworking shop with all the tools you could ever want!
- Kayaks and bikes for use for free - there are over 5 miles of paved trails for riding or bike along the canal and down to the Rio Grande River or you can ride 500 yards to Bentsen-Rio Grande Valley State Park and bike in this widely recognized bird watching park. Take a kayak and paddle the Rio Grande River.
- ATVs & Pontoon Boat Tours are available for a small fee. You can rent a Polaris ATV/Mule and ride down to the Rio Grande River and explore the trails on over 200 acres which is owned by the Park. Pontoon Boat tours on the Rio Grande River are also available for a small fee - during our visit, a group of bird watchers cruised the river and spotted over 62 different varieties of birds!
- Horseshoes, bocce ball, croquet, and the pool are all available and occasionally there are scheduled tournaments as well as golf outings and tournaments on some of the nearby courses. The two free pool tables are excellent as are the cue sticks. If you feel like a nap, why not take it in the double hammock, but only after working out in the fitness center.
- The three Palapas are set under the trees and palms in a large grassy area and are home to the pool tables or picnic tables and near each Palapa is a fire pit - perfect places to get together for happy hour, pot luck dinners, socializing, pool, or games or just sitting around the fire roasting marshmallows and telling tall tales. There is also a Palapa with picnic tables and a large grill on the banks of the Rio Grande River.
- The Clubhouse is a hub of activity every day from September to April with a wide variety of activities from ice cream socials to movies to live entertainment to fun and games. We attended a packed house for margarita night which was followed by a fun game of "minute to win it." And the pool is great and hot tub is a prefect place to relax the muscles after working out at the fitness center, a few rounds of golf, or a paddle on the river. and soak up some sun.
Part of what makes staying at Bentsen Palm Village RV Resort are the managers (Guy and Juanita), the friendly park hosts, and the Winter Texans. Everyone is very active, friendly, and outgoing and you can go anywhere without being greeted with several smiles, a wave, or a warm howdy.
Austin Website Design - Lone Star Internet