Here are some tips and techniques for navigating the maps and easily finding Texas lakes, parks and campgrounds:
- You can click on an icon and get some good information including name, phone number, Texas Outside rating, number of holes, and website– don’t forget to “X” out (top right side of the box) to close the open box
- Try putting your mouse on the map, hold the left mouse button down and move the mouse to see a new part of the map – you can go up, down, sideways, or in a circle if you want to get dizzy
- To zoom in on an area, the easiest way is to center the map on the area of interest and then click on the “+” on the navigation bar on the top left side of the map – the railroad tracks will also zoom in or zoom out, but the “+” or “–“ is much easier to use
- The arrows on the navigation bar will move the map east/west or north/south and the direction arrows that point toward each other on the navigation bar will return you to the original view
- If you forget all the above, just move your curser over each item in the navigation bar and a drop down will appear
- If you still need help, ask your kids (or friends kids), they always seem to know how to do stuff like this
Keep in mind that the icon locations are the approximate location and some inaccuracies may exist – always call for directions!