Coyote Ranch Resort Review & Rating
Coyote Ranch Resort Overview:
Review of Coyote Ranch Resort in Wichita Falls
Located about 5 minutes east of downtown Wichita Falls on a 90 acre ranch, Coyote Ranch Resort is home to 123 RV sites, 24 cottages and cabins, and lots of amenities for you to enjoy. In addition to RV sites and the cabins, Coyote Ranch Resort is perfect for a wedding, RV Rally, retreat, or reunion thanks to the Grand Lodge, Chapel, two covered pavilions, and four party halls.
The roads are paved, all of the sites are level concrete pads, and the cabins are well furnished. The Resort is very clean and well maintained and the staff is West Texas friendly and committed to making sure that you stay or event is fun and memorable. It’s not surprising that Coyote Ranch Resort received a perfect 5/5/5 rating from Woodalls and was named TRVA’s “Medium Sized Park of the Year.”
Keep in mind that you’re in West Texas and the Resort is new, so don’t expect shaded sites. There are a scattering of small trees that have been planted around the Resort, but they a not large enough to provide any shade.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
Coyote Ranch Resort has 123 sites that are a mixture of 35’ and 45’ back-in sites and 80’ and 100’ long pull-through sites. All of the sites have concrete parking pads, 20/30/50 AMP hookups, sewer, free Wi-Fi, and direct TV. All of the back-ins also have a concrete car parking pad. Most sites have picnic tables and some have a fire pit. The new lighted hook-up pedestals are conveniently located as is the water and sewer connection.
The sites are side-by-side with a fairly wide grassy area on each side. Although they are side-by-side you don't seemed packed in close to your neighbor like most RV parks. There is ample room for big rigs to easily maneuver in and out of the sites.
If you don’t have an RV or have friends joining you or you’re here for an event, the cabins and cottages are perfect. They are all new (2012), clean, and nicely appointed. You can pick from:
- 11 cabins with unique furnishings, fireplaces, Keurig Coffee Makers, Jacuzzi tubs, fireplaces, separate shower and more plus a variety of sleeping arrangements including king, double queen, family, or bunk house
- The 5 standard cabins are beautifully decorated and include a private king bedroom, bathroom and shower, open kitchen, living area with sofa, and a porch with chairs
- The Newpark Home sleeps 5 with a queen, twin, and sofa bed and it has a full kitchen (stove, oven, and refrigerator), living area and sofa, bathroom and shower, and a porch
- The Yurt is a permanent tent with a restroom, TV, AC/heating, and will sleep 4
- 4 log cabins have sleeping lofts, a private king bedroom, open kitchen, living area with a sleeper sofa, front and back porches, and more
- Two of the meeting halls also have private entrances and can sleep up to 12
If you’re planning a wedding, corporate event, reunion, or rally, Coyote Ranch Resort has several choices to accommodate you and your guests. The 7000’ Grand Lodge offers country elegance with high beamed ceilings, three conference rooms, professional kitchen, fireplace, speaker system, grand player piano, and can accommodate up to 150 or more.
For your wedding vows, the Sunset Eve Chapel with high arched ceilings and a large patio is perfect. There are two open air pavilions and 4 other halls that would be great for any type of event. They vary in decor from down home to true Texas and can accommodate from 40 to 80 people and they have some combination of a kitchen, fireplace, bar, outdoor patio with a fireplace, and other amenities.
Coyote Ranch Resort is loaded with some great amenities for the whole family, some of which include:
- two pools one of which includes a slide
- sand volleyball court and a tether ball
- fenced dog run
- a huge Kangaroo Jumping Pillow
- kids playground
- catch and release fishing ponds with paddleboats
- two covered outdoor pavilions
- Pizza and wings snack shack
- free Wi-Fi and direct TV
- laundry room
- golf carts for rent to whisk you back and forth to the pools and your site
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
When we visited Coyote Ranch Resort we were passing through on our way to Red River New Mexico and didn’t have much time to enjoy the amenities or explore Wichita Falls. We did enjoy the cooling off in the pool.
Cool Nearby Activities:
Coyote Ranch Resort is just a few miles from downtown Wichita Falls which has bike trials, the 54' man-made waterfall and park, an entertainment center (with go-karts, mini golf, batting cage, and more), a waterpark, several parks, Midwestern State University, a large skate park, good restaurants, some fun nightlife, an art and several other museums (Texas History, Fire & Police Museum, Railroad Museum), and three golf courses. And if you like gambling, a casino is 30 minutes away.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of Coyote Ranch Resort
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more