Fisherman's Point Marina & Resort Review & Rating
Fisherman's Point Marina & Resort Overview:
In a deep water cove just west of the dam of Richland Chambers Reservoir is Fisherman's Point Marina & Resort. Fisherman's point has campsites and fishing cabins on the water, pontoon rentals, a fishing lodge, a marina with gas, a good restaurant, and a small country store. Fisherman's Point is 35 acres of fun, food and fishing.
This is a great place to camp and explore, ski/board, or fish Richland Chambers. If you don't want to camp, the small fishing cabins are good for sleeping 4 to 6 people. Fisherman's point is well maintained and the staff is attentive.
Richland Chamber is one of the largest and best fishing lakes in Texas. There are some beautiful homes along the shoreline, some good coves for skiing/tubing/boarding, and plenty of big fish just waiting for you. Read the review of Richland Chambers to learn more about this lake.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
If you like to camp on the water, Fisherman's point has 30 good RV sites near the water and 19 sites just off the water in the trees. A few of the sites have a concrete pad, others are a gravel driveway and it may be a little difficult to get your rig level. While over 50 trees have been planted near the water, some of the sites that are on the water are open. There is 1/2 mile of shoreline, some sandy and conducive to swimming, with other areas great for overnight boat parking. Twenty-four sites have full hookups (a mixture of 30 and 50 AMP) and the 19 sites in the area with the trees have sewer hookups. There is also a peninsula for primitive camping.
Fisherman's Point has 10 cabins and 5 park models that sleep 3 to 6 people in queens, full, or twins beds. The cabins have a loft, microwave, mini-refrig, TV, and bathroom. All linens are provided. Outside you'll find a deck, grill, and picnic table. Four of the cabins are 40 yards from the water. Each of the rooms clean and have a different decor and themes including a Coca Cola, sports, western, and safari theme.
Fisherman's Point also has a four bedroom lodge with a living area, fully equipped kitchen, 2 full baths, 3 half baths, and sleeping accommodations for up to 14 people. The lodge has a nice deck, grill, and picnic table.
The combination of cabins, camping, and lodge is perfect for a family and friends gathering, a reunion, corporate retreat, or fishing excursion with some good buds.
Some of the other amenities at Fisherman's Point include:
- marina with gas and dual lane boat ramp
- ships store with snacks, fishing tackle and bait, ice, and more
- pontoon, canoe, and paddle-boat rentals
- restroom and showers
- playground and sand volleyball
- protected swimming area
Fisherman's Point has a very good restaurant, with good food at very reasonable rates, and dining with a view of the lake. They also sponsor some fishing tournaments and fun annual events with food vendors, games, and music. There are plans to add covered boat storage with a valet service - call ahead and the boat will be in the water waiting for your arrival - how good is that!
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
We come to Fisherman's Point to enjoy Richland Chambers Reservoir. We enjoy cruising by the beautiful houses on the south side of the lake and finding a cove for skiing/boarding/tubing or swimming.
Cool Nearby Activities:
Richland Chambers is about 90 miles south of Dallas, about 10 miles from Corsicana, and 30 miles from Athens. We have not found a whole lot to do in Corsicana or Athens. Here is what we can tell you about what there is to see and do within 50 miles:
- Corsicana has the famous Collin Street Bakery, some historic homes, the Navarro Pecan Company, an opera house, and some ok restaurants
- Gander Mountain is near the lake if you need any sports, fishing, or outdoor gear
- Athens has the Texas Freshwater Fisheries Center with a 300,000 gallon aquarium
- check here for a list of nearby golf courses - the one we like best is The Brickyard - you can move the map any direction to find a nearby course
- if you have an ATV, try the nearby Rural Shade ATV Ranch
If you like to fish, Richland Chambers is one of the best. If you don't have a boat, there are a number of fishing guides that work out of Fisherman's Point, check here for a list of fishing guides.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of Fisherman's Point Marina & Resort
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more