Northshore RV Resort on Lake Livingston Review & Rating
Northshore RV Resort on Lake Livingston Overview:
Northshore RV Resort is located on the north east shore of Lake Livingston and is a Texas Outside Favorite RV Park. Northshore RV Resort has 78 full hook-up RV sites, 8 cabins, a swimming pool, splash park, and lots more to make your stay with them enjoyable.
The RV site rates are reasonable and prices on based on the different types of sites - premium, waterfront, deluxe, and standard pull through. All the roads and pads are paved and most sites have picnic tables and a grassy area. The cabins are clean and fully furnished with everything you need for a fun weekend or longer visit.
Northshore RV Resort is pet friendly, the staff is outstanding, the park is well maintained and clean, and the amenities are fantastic. Trailer Life has given Northshore a 10/10/10 rating - something few other parks in Texas have achieved.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
Northshore RV Resort on Lake Livingston has 78 RV sites that are a mixture of back-in, pull-through, and lake side pull-in or back-in - giving you a great view of the lake from your motor home's front window or travel trailer back window. All of the sites are paved and larger and more spacious than typical RV park sites - most are over 35' wide and 45' to 75' long. Shade is limited but all the sites have a larger than normal grassy area. All of the RV sites are full hook-up with both 30 and 50 AMP service and some sites have picnic tables. The lakefront sites are fantastic and very close to the lake, office, pool, and other amenities and they also have a car parking pad which is a very nice touch.
If you don't have an RV or can't sleep all the friends that want to join you for a fun weekend or longer, then the Northshore RV Resort cabins are perfect. They are clean, well equipped, and will sleep up to 6. Each cabin has one bedroom with a pillow top queen mattress and high thread count sheets, bunk beds, and a queen sleeper sofa. The cabins are heated and air conditioned and each cabin has a tub and shower, TV, dining table and chairs, full sized refrigerator, microwave, stove and oven, coffee maker, and all the utensils and pots and pans needed to cook a great dinner! Outside you'll find a picnic table and grill and a deck with two rocking chairs - a perfect place to enjoy the lake view and a stunning sunset. Two of the cabins are pet friendly.
What sets Northshore RV Resort apart for most other RV parks is it's focus on friendy service, attention to detail, insistence on ensuring that the facilities are clean and well maintained, and lots of great amenities, some of which include:
- free cable TV and wireless internet
- laundromat and exercise room
- clean private showers and restrooms
- boat ramp
- swimming pool and hot tub
- splash park that kids will enjoy for hours
- horseshoe pits and sand volleyball court next to lake
- fenced dog area
- propane, ice, and some RV supplies
- meeting room with kitchen facilities for reunions or rallies
- fish cleaning station
In addition to all of those fantastic amenities, Northshore RV Resort has over 300 feet of shoreline on Lake Livingston and a private sandy beach. The beach is a perfect place to spend a day swimming, fishing, or just sitting in a beach chair enjoying the view. There are no guest boat slips, but the shore line is sandy and suitable for boat or waverunner parking.
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
We enjoy staying at Northshore for the great lakefront sites, excellent amenities, access to the lake, and fun things to see and do nearby. Our kids and grandkids could spend all day and well into the evening enjoying the sandy beach, pool, and hot tub.
Some of the other things we enjoy about staying at Northshore include:
- spending a day on Lake Livingston tubing, boarding, or just anchored in a cove and enjoying the sun and water
- rounding up a group of campers for a round of sand volleyball
- boating over to one of the local restaurants on the water for a drink, snack, or meal
- playing a round of golf at nearby Cape Royal Golf Course
- finishing a fun day relaxing and enjoying the sunset, a good campground dinner, and a round of cards or other games until bedtime
Cool Nearby Activities:
When you stay at Northshore Resort you don't need to travel far to have a fun weekend. Lake Livingston has something for everyone including great fishing, sandy beaches, good coves for swimming or boarding/tubing, and a restaurant for food and drinks. To learn more about what to see and do on the lake, read our review of Lake Livingston and check out our Lake Livingston Map to find fun things to see and do on or near the lake, plus a list of fishing guides to help you catch enough fish for a great dinner, and places where you can rent a ski or fishing boat, waverunner, or pontoon boat to get out on the lake.
Within 20 minutes of Northshore RV Resort you'll find Cape Royal Golf Club which is a very fun and enjoyable 18 holes of golf.
The Northshore staff and website can give you some additional ideas of nearby things to see and do as well as yearly events that are worth attending.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of Northshore RV Resort on Lake Livingston
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more