Oasis RV Resort Overview:
Review of Oasis RV Resort Amarillo
Located about 5 minutes west of Amarillo on I-40, Oasis RV Resort is a great place to stay if you’re passing through or want to spend some time exploring Amarillo. The Resort is a mixture of long pull-throughs and back-ins, is very clean and well maintained, and has a extremely friendly and outgoing staff.
All of the roads are paved, the sites are level and designed to be wide enough to accommodate the big rigs with multiple slides and the hook-ups are conveniently located.
Oasis RV Resort is located about a quarter of a mile off of I-40 making it very easy to head back into Amarillo or west toward New Mexico, but it's far enough away from the freeway that you won't get any freeway noise. On the same road is a Loves gas station with high diesel prices, but it’s convenient if you need gas.
Bottom line - a very clean and well maintained RV Park with long level sites, easy hook-ups, and excellent private restrooms. A great place to stay if you want to explore Amarillo.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
Review of Oasis RV Resort in Amarillo Texas
Oasis RV Resort has 147 full hook-up pull-through sites – all of which are level and have a concrete parking pad as well as a patio pad that is 7' by 14' wide. There are 35 back-in sites around the perimeter of the park and backed up against a fence with open farm land on the other side. The back-in sites are 30' long and 20' wide, level, paved and include a concrete patio pad. Separating each of the sites is about 10’ of open area with some landscaping and rocks - not those small pebbles that want to attach to your feet and follow you in your RV, these are larger decorative river type rocks.
Each site has sewer and water plus 20/30/50 AMP service and cable in a new lighted pedestal – the connections are conveniently located for an easy and quick hook-up. The sewer hook-up has a hinged cap, not one of those screw caps that are always hard to unscrew. All of the roads in Oasis RV Resort are paved and it’s easy to get a big rig into and out of any of the sites.
You can pick an end site for more open space, a site across from the pool or very close to the showers and laundry room, or park near the office and game room. The Park is landscaped with small trees and shrubs in most of the sites but don’t expect any shade, you’ll need your awning. The sunsets and sunrises are awesome!
Some of the amenities that you’ll find at Oasis RV Resort include:
- An office with a friendly staff, some literature on what to see and do in Amarillo and the surrounding area, and a limited amount of RV supplies
- Co-located in the office is a game room with a quarter pool table and shuffleboard plus tables and chairs for socializing or games and some comfy leather chairs and a sofa facing a flat screen TV
- A propane station
- Ice at each of the restrooms is only a $1 on the honor system
- A large banquet/rally room with a kitchen and outside patio with a fireplace and BBQ grill plus restrooms with showers
- A swimming pool with lounge chairs and a hot tub
- An adults only hot tub on the other side of the banquet room
- A small fitness center with treadmills, stair stepper, and exercise bikes
- Five different dump stations spread around the park
- Free Wi-Fi, Cable, and trash pick-up at your site
- Dog run
- Small playscape for the kids
- Pizza and wings to go
Spread throughout Oasis RV Resort are three different new facilities with coin operated washers and dryers and 5 very clean private showers/restrooms. These facilities also serve as storm shelters.
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
During our three day stay at Oasis RV Resort in August 2013 we:
- played golf at Ross Rogers Golf Complex's Mustang Course - read our review of Ross Rogers Mustang Course
- visited Jack Sisemore's RV Museum which is home to some very cool vintage RVs
- played a round of golf at Tascosa's La Paloma and Tascosa golf course - here is a link to our review of La Paloma Golf Course
- stopped by Cadillac Ranch - home to 10 partially buried Cadillacs which visitors are allowed to spray paint - the Cadillacs are two minutes east of the Park
- enjoyed a steak, a serenade, and watching someone try to get a free meal by eating a shrimp cocktail, baked potato, salad, roll, and a 72 ounce steak in less than an hour Big Texan Steak House - a limo from Big Texan will pick you up at Oasis RV Resort and bring you home stuffed to the brim
Cool Nearby Activities:
Oasis RV Resort is about 3 miles from downtown Amarillo which is loaded with good restaurants, fun nightlife, and several fun things to see and do like:
- American Quarter Horse Heritage Center & Museum
- Children's Discovery Center as well as several museums and a nature center
- Wonderland Amusement Park and Splash Amarillo waterpark
- Texas Air & Space Museum
- some good golf courses that you'll find using the Amarillo Golf Map
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of Oasis RV Resort
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more