Texan RV Ranch Overview:
Texan RV Ranch is far enough away from the hustle and bustle of the city to make you feel like you're out in the country yet close enough that within minutes you have hundreds of choices for fun things to see and do. In fact, we think the motto for Texan RV Ranch is very appropriate - "Country Setting....City Convenience! Happy Camping!"
Texan RV Ranch has been around for over 20 years and new owners took over in July 2004. Since taking over the new owners have made significant improvements, some of which include:
- new pool and bathrooms
- added three cabins as well as 3 cottages
- paved the entry near the park office
- added over 60 full hook-up sites
- improved the electrical hook-ups
- planted a number of trees
Management is committed to continued improvements at Texan RV Ranch, for example: direct TV will be added to each of the cabins and cottages by spring 2011 and before the end of the year there will be an activity center for meetings, pot luck dinners, social get togethers, and more.
Texan RV Ranch is a medium sized RV park that has a comfortable, welcoming, and cozy feel to it. The staff is very friendly and outgoing, the amenities are ok, the facilities are immaculate, and the sites are good, but not great. This park is all about location, location, location - they are conveniently located to lots of fun things to see and do for all ages.
The roads are crushed stone and wide enough for big rigs to easily get in and out of their sites. Discounts are available for TACO, Good Sam, Escapees, and more. Texan RV Ranch is both kid and dog friendly!
This is a perfect place to stay for a weekend escape or an excellent alternative to the expensive Arlington or Fort Worth hotels if you want to treat the family to all the attractions nearby. Check out their virtual tour to learn more about this great RV park.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
Texan RV Ranch has 132 sites that are a mixture of back-ins and pull throughs and a combination of 30 or 50 AMP. All of the sites have sewer hook-ups and water and most sites have picnic tables. In addition, you can pick a site that backs up to an open field, one that has grass instead of crushed rock on both sides of your parking pad, or one that has grass and a concrete patio.
Some of the sites have landscaping and there is a scattering of new and mature trees throughout the park, but most of the sites are not shaded. All of the site pads are rock and crushed stone and they range from perfectly level to a very slight slope - you won't need blocks. The hook-ups are conveniently located and we liked the fact that they are lit, making it easy to hook up in the dead of night.
If you don't have an RV or it isn't big enough to accommodate the friends and family who will want to join you when they know you'll be staying close to all those fun attractions, then the cottages and cabins at Texan RV Ranch are perfect. The three cottages have central heat and air and will sleep two to six in one or two bedroom one bath units. The three one bedroom one bath cabins have window air conditioning and sleep up to four. All of the cabins and cottages are very clean and come fully equipped with everything you or your friends will need for an enjoyable weekend, you'll find:
- fresh linens and all the essentials needed to cook a scrumptious meal
- a living room and a bedroom TV
- pullout sleeper sofa
- dining table and chairs
- a front porch plus a picnic table and grill
Texan RV Park has some great amenities for you to use and enjoy:
- a new swimming pool
- playscape for the kids plus a horseshoe pit and half basketball court
- a covered pavilion next to the pool with picnic tables and a grill - perfect for a group get together
- laundry room
- individual and private restrooms which include a sink, toilet, and shower - all of which are clean and well maintained
- free Wi-Fi
- three open space grassy areas for games
- two leash free fenced dog areas
- RV storage, propane, and a dump station
- an office with several RV supplies, beer and wine, some groceries, and gifts
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
We recently enjoyed a stay at Texan RV Ranch when we were returning from an adventure packed vacation to California and back. During our stay we zipped up the road to play golf at Tierra Verde Golf Club and came back and enjoyed the pool a few steps away from our campsite. After that we headed out for an excellent Italian dinner at nearby Olive Garden and closed the day by enjoying the live music Fat Daddy's Sports & Spirits Cafe.
There is absolutely no reason to get bored when you stay at Texan RV Ranch - you can enjoy the pool, play some horseshoes or basketball, and BBQ a good dinner within a minute of your site. If you do need to leave the Park, within 20 minutes you can be jet skiing, zipping down a water slide, trying to hit a golf ball straight, screaming your heart out on a roller coaster, enjoying a movie, a live band, or a good meal.
Cool Nearby Activities:
One of the advantages of staying at Texan RV Ranch is because they are conveniently located to lots of fun things to see and do. Just up the freeway is just about every kind of restaurant you could ever want, plenty of options for shopping, some fun bars and nightlife, movie theaters and more.
Within in ten minutes you can be in the amusement capital of north Texas. Arlington has something for every one from sports complexes (home of the Dallas Cowboys and Texas Rangers), to wax museums, to horse tracks, to amusement parks like Six Flags and Hurricane Harbor. The Texan RV Ranch Website has links to all the fun things to see and do nearby and the office can also give you some ideas.
And you're within 30 to 45 minutes from Fort Worth or Dallas which are also loaded with lots of fun things to see and do - everything from arts and culture to wildlife and zoos. Our Guide To Dallas and Guide To Fort Worth will help you find some things to enjoy and make sure you check out our Top Ten Things To To lists for each city.
You'll also be close to several very good golf courses which you can quickly find on this Fort Worth Golf Map. Within 5 minutes is one of our favorites in the area - Tierra Verde Golf Club, a very fun and reasonably priced 18 hole course that is usually in very good condition. Read our review of Tierra Verde Golf Club.
If you like to boat, fish, or just want to spend some time at the lake, Joe Pool Reservoir is 15 minutes northeast from Texan RV Ranch. You can also rent boats or jet skis at the lake.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of Texan RV Ranch
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more