The Springs at Borrego RV Resort & Golf Course Review & Rating
Borrego Springs, CA
· 866 330-0003
The Springs at Borrego RV Resort & Golf Course Website
Locate This Park
The Springs at Borrego RV Resort & Golf Course Overview:
The Springs at Borrego RV Resort & Golf Course is one very impressive luxury RV park with great amenities, a fantastic golf course, good sites, unbelievable views, and a warm and friendly staff. All of which is why it was:
- rated 10/10/10 by Trailer Life - only 1% of all the RV parks in the United States gets that rating
- awarded "Best Small RV Park" in 2010 by National Association of RV Parks & Campgrounds
- rated 5W by Woodall's for both facilities and recreation
The park is located less than a mile from the heart of Borrego Springs and three miles from the Anza-Borrego State Park Visitors Center. The Springs at Borrego RV Resort & Golf Course is very clean and meticulously maintained and manicured. Even the natural areas and all of the grounds around each site are raked and immaculately landscaped - not a pebble is out of place!
All of the roads are paved and big rigs can easily maneuver in and out of sites. And the view from almost every site is majestic - the park is surrounded by mountain ranges and open desert and lined with tall stately trees as well as landscaped with a variety of trees, desert fauna, and brush. The golf course is maintained the with the same loving care - you'll feel guilty if you make a divot. The laundry room to the restrooms to the library and pool area are also meticulous. It just doesn't get much better than what you'll get to enjoy at The Springs!
During the season - November to April - The Springs is typically full, so make your reservations early (up to five years in advance). This is the best place to stay and explore the Anza-Borrego Desert.
Bottom line, The Springs at Borrego RV Resort & Golf Course is a premier RV resort and clearly makes our Top Ten RV Parks that we have enjoyed over the last 35 years! And Borrego Springs is a hidden gem and a great place to hike, golf, star gaze, or just relax and enjoy the scenery, wild life, and serenity of the Anza-Borrego Desert.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
The Springs at Borrego is a small park with only 90 full hook up pull through sites plus a few back-in sites and an overflow dry camping area for 15 or so campers. The full hook-up sites have a level parking pad, a concrete patio, sewer, new pedestals with water, 30 and 50 AMP, and cable hook-ups. A couple nice touches include a lighted utility pedestals with electric and cable hook-ups plus two water spigots. And each site has two dump outlets making it easy to dump without having to add a dump hose extension.
Each site is 35 feet wide giving you ample space between you and your neighbor and each site is landscaped with some local fauna or a tree, some of which are sprouting lemons and oranges. 42 of the sites are considered premium sites and are priced a little higher but they are worth the extra few dollars:
- they are longer at 70' versus the non premium sites which are 50'
- some are across the drive way from the rec center and pool
- the view from most of the premium sites is of the lush green fairways, palm trees, and majestic mountain ranges in the background
There are 10 back in sites for smaller trailers and rigs and they have a good view of the palms, mountains and golf course, but they only have water and electric and the site is crushed gravel. The Springs at Borrego's overflow area is a big crushed gravel parking area with 15 sites all of which overlook holes on the golf course.
In addition to fantastic sites The Springs at Borrego is home to an outstanding 9-hole golf course that is in excellent condition with some fun holes, including an island green! To learn more about their golf course, read our review of The Springs at Borrego Golf Course.
And to top it off, during your stay you'll get to enjoy some excellent amenities, including:
- several covered picnic areas with picnic tables and grills and next to a waterfall or around the island green on the 9th hole
- a heated saltwater swimming pool as well as four hot tub mineral baths
- a pro shop with a limited amount of golf equipment
- a putting green and a driving range where you'll think a good drive is going to land on the top of 5000 foot mountain range
- tennis court, basketball hoop and pickle ball court - all sports equipment is available at no additional charge
- bicycle rentals
- free wi-fi plus use of a free computer workstation in the Library
- clean laundry room with new working washers and dryers
- private family style bathrooms
- meeting rooms for socials, reunions, or special occasions
- 250 foot long grass and fenced in dog area
- propane and a dump and fresh water station
- fitness center with a variety of equipment
- office with some RV supplies, souvenirs, ice cream and other staples plus ice, beer, and wine
You shouldn't get bored when you stay with The Springs, they have a wide variety of activities to keep you busy. Some of what was going on when we were staying at the park included:
- golf tournaments - when we stayed they had a fun tournament followed by dinner and dancing with a very fun and lively band
- Tai Chi, yoga, water aerobics, pilates, and Qi Gong to help keep you in shape
- tennis and golf clinics
- $5 pancake breakfast with the proceeds going to a local charity
- campfire get togethers, star gazing parties, as well as a wine tasting and social hour
- additional activities include putting contests, digital photography classes and line dancing
After a round of golf or some hiking, you should head over to the rec center and enjoy the hot mineral baths or get a massage at The Springs at Borrego Wellness Center. The Wellness Center offers holistic massage therapy (relaxation, reflexology, therapeutic, and ayurvedic massages) as well as three different acupuncture experiences for your pleasure, If you don't have an RV or if friends need a place to stay, then you should consider renting one of the four travel trailers that are available for rent at The Springs. The travel trailers are 25' to 32' long, will sleep 2-8 people comfortably, and are furnished with everything needed for a fun weekend.
First time visitors are entitled to a $20 discount and during the off season Good Sam, AAA, and other specials and discounts are offered. And make sure you complete a survey and sign up for their newsletter for other specials.
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
Borrego Springs is a hidden gem (don't tell anybody, we don't want to spoil it) with a small local friendly population smack dab in the middle of Anza Borrego Desert State Park and we had a blast when we stayed at The Springs at Borrego Resort for four days.
Some of what we enjoyed included:
- several hikes in the State Park with beautiful scenery, water falls, palm groves, slot canyons, unbelievable geology, and more
- 54 holes of golf at Montesoro Golf Course, The Springs at Borrego, and Borrego Springs Resort - click on the course name to read our review of each course we played
- a couple good meals at the local restaurants
- 90 minutes or so at the Anza Borrego Visitors Center learning about the State Park and all it has to offer, taking a short interpretive trail, and enjoying the exhibits
- a fun evening with a lively and fun crowd of locals and snowbirds and a fantastic and entertained two piece band
- a fun and informative off road trip with California Overland - this is a must and the visit to the badlands was surreal
- a very interesting road trip to check out the 'free standing art' of original steel welded sculptures of elephants, raptors, camels, hawks, turtles and more spread out over several miles in the desert
We only wish we had scheduled more time in Borrego Springs - what a unique, scenic, and interesting place with lots to see and do.
Cool Nearby Activities:
The Springs at Borrego RV Resort is ideal for exploring Anza Borrego State Park and enjoying the restaurants, golf courses, tours, and everything else there is to do in Borrego Springs.
To learn more about all the fun things that we experienced while visiting Borrego Springs, read our Vacation In Borrego Springs Article.
Visit the following to find links and information on what to see and do during your visit:
- 866 330-0003
- Website Link
- Locate This Park:
- Area Map
- Reservations Link or 866 330-0003
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of The Springs at Borrego RV Resort & Golf Course
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more