Tres Rios (three rivers) River Resort, Campground, and RV Park is situated on property that is at the intersection of the Brazos, Paluxy, and Squaw Creek rivers. This park is located about a mile from downtown Glen Rose and across the street from 36 holes of very good golf at Squaw Valley. In the past, they were home to some great bluegrass and country music concerts under a large pavilion, check out their calander of events. Tres Rios is open for daily, monthly, or membership based camping.
Within the park, Tres Rios has a big swimming pool, horseshoe pit, playground, and volleyball court. You can also fish, swim, and hike along any of the three rivers.
Tres Rios offers a number of lodging options including efficiencies, and cabins plus tent camping in the trees along the river. They have over 250 RV sites with water and electricity (both 30 and 50 amp) and some sites have a sewer hookup.
Tres Rios also has a dinning pavilion with a good restaurant that is open on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. They have meeting rooms/halls for family reunions or other similar events.
Typically, when we stay at Tres Rios we are here for a music event or to explore Glen Rose and the surrounding area. On our most recent stay we where here to explore Glen Rose and play golf at The Retreat -- check out Thank God for Weekends to read more about what we did that weekend which included: downtown Glen Rose, Fossil Rim Wildlife Center, The Retreat Golf Course, and biking at Dinosaur Valley State Park.
When we come down for a music event, we usually ride bikes to downtown Glen Rose and walk, shop, and eat our way around the square and play golf at Squaw Valley which is right across the street from Tres Rios.
On this last trip we spent 3 hours on the self driving tour of Fossil Rim Wildlife Center for an up-close and personal encounter with a number of animals.
There are plenty of things to keep you entertained in or near Glen Rose, some of which include:
* Barnard's Mill & Art Museum has 12 rooms of original art and artifacts (254 897-3081)
* Visit Comanche Peak Information Center to learn about the generation of electricity using the atom (254 897-5554)
* The Promise is a seasonal (June to October) epic musical drama of the life of Christ
* Somervell Expo Center & Texas Amphitheatre has equestrian events, rodeos, and special events (254 897-4509)
* Somervell Country Museum has items depicting local history, fossils, relics, and dinosaur bones (254 898-0640)
* Warm Country Heart Theatre has musical entertainment paying tribute to Chet Atkins, Floyd Cramer, and Boots Randolph (254 896-2065)
* Squaw Valley Valley Golf Course is 36 holes of some great golf (800 831-8259)
* Brazos and Paluxy Rivers for swimming, fishing, kayaking, tubing, canoeing, fishing and camping
* Rent a tube or canoe and enjoy a carefree day exploring the Brazos River, you can rent from: Rhodes Canoe Rental (254 897-4214); Lowwater Canoe Rental; or Texas Water Trails.
* Glen Rose Convention & Visitors Bureau has more information on lodging, restaurants, and events.
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on: