Here you will find a map with East Texas RV Parks, Texas State Parks, and Texas Lakes. If you click on any of the map icons a caption box will display more information about that campground or lake. If a review has been completed, the icon will be red and by clicking on the name you will link to the review which has pictures and lots of helpful information.
Tip - click on an icon and use the navigation bar on the top left to zoom in (hit the +).
Legend: - Reviewed State Parks - Reviewed Lake - Reviewed RV Parks
- State Parks - Lake - RV Parks
Select a campground or a lake to find it on the map below. You can scroll down the list and click on the name and it will open a caption box on the map. Or enter the first letter and then click on the name.
Here are some tips and techniques for navigating the maps and easily finding Texas lakes, parks and campgrounds:
- You can click on an icon and get some good information including name, phone number, Texas Outside rating, number of holes, and website– don’t forget to “X” out (top right side of the box) to close the open box
- Try putting your mouse on the map, hold the left mouse button down and move the mouse to see a new part of the map – you can go up, down, sideways, or in a circle if you want to get dizzy
- To zoom in on an area, the easiest way is to center the map on the area of interest and then click on the “+” on the navigation bar on the top left side of the map – the railroad tracks will also zoom in or zoom out, but the “+” or “–“ is much easier to use
- The arrows on the navigation bar will move the map east/west or north/south and the direction arrows that point toward each other on the navigation bar will return you to the original view
- If you forget all the above, just move your curser over each item in the navigation bar and a drop down will appear
- If you still need help, ask your kids (or friends kids), they always seem to know how to do stuff like this
Keep in mind that the icon locations are the approximate location and some inaccuracies may exist – always call for directions!