Admiralty RV Resort Overview:
Admiralty RV Resort in San Antonio Review and Rating
Admiralty RV Resort has over 200 sites, 9 cabins, several nice amenities, and is conveniently located a minute from Sea World! In December 2019 Quality RV Resorts, which owns 15 premier luxury RV Resorts in Texas, purchased Admiralty RV Resort. Quality RV Resorts immediately started making improvements and in less than 4 months they had put down new asphalt on all the roads, remodeled all 3 restrooms (they are now spectacular!); repaired and improved the pool, added new landscaping, beefed up security, restricted extra vehicles, added a business center, and improved the internet service! Near term plans include redoing the dog park, redoing all of the floors, improving the fitness center, and adding an outdoor kitchen and firepit. Quality RV Resort's motto is "quality service, warm community, and amazing amenities."
Some of what now makes Admiralty RV Resort a five-star luxury resort and one of the Best RV Parks in Texas includes:
- the entire park is clean and well maintained - I don't think I've visited a more pristine RV park
- the staff is excellent - friendly, outgoing, and committed to making sure you have an enjoyable stay
- the amenities are very good and also well maintained
- the restroom are immaculate
- the sites are above average, level, and a good mixture of shaded with mature sprawling trees and open
Admiralty RV Resort is located less than a mile off of Highway 151 and a minute from Sea World. Highway 151 provides easy access to the Alamo, the Riverwalk, and downtown San Antonio. The park is located in a residential neighborhood and is quiet with no freeway noise or honking horns! HEB, Walmart, Home Depot, and several restaurants are within minutes of Admiralty.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
The RV Sites and Amenities at Admiralty RV Resort
There are over 200 sites at Admiralty which are a mixture of back-ins and pull-throughs. The pull-throughs are in four long rows and the back-ins are along the perimeter of the park, one side of which backs up to a fence and houses and side is against a dense treeline. All of the sites have 30/50 AMP service, water, cable, and electric. The hook-ups are conveniently located toward the rear of the site so extensions shouldn't be needed.
The pull-through sites are 60 feet long and around 11 feet long. Most of the sites have 30 year old sprawling trees that provide some excellent shade in the hot summers. Several of the sites have a tow or extra vehicle parking pad. All the sites have a brick patio with a picnic table.
The luxury sites are the end corner sites with a larger landscaped grassy area. There are three pull-through sites that are around 110 feet long.
If you don't want to camp or have friends joining you without an RV, the nine park model cabins are perfect. Each of them is one bedroom, air-conditioned and heated, and has a picnic table, front patio, TV, mini-refrigerator, hot plate, microwave, coffee maker, utensils, pots and pans, plates, and living room with a table and chairs and a couch. Linens are provided.
Some of the amenities at Admiralty RV Resort include:
- clean laundry room with a sitting area with soft couches, books, and a TV
- a patio with nice outdoor furniture, two BBQ grills, and a TV overlooking the pool
- a huge junior Olympic sized heated pool with patio furniture including table and chairs and umbrellas
- an event room with a pool table, kitchen, shuffleboard, darts, and several tables and chairs
- three very clean restroom facilities with stall showers spread throughout the park
- two small dog parks
- a kids playscape
- a half-court for basketball
- an office with some RV supplies, a business center, a coffee bar, and staples
- a fitness room
- open air extra storage
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
A Typical Texas Outside Day
We selected Admiralty RV Resort primarily because of it's proximity to Sea World, downtown San Antonio, and a golf course that we wanted to play.
Sea World and Aquatica are two of the top-rated attractions in San Antonio and they are less than a mile from Admiralty RV Resort.- read about our fun visit to both of these great places below.
During our first night around nine-thirty, we heard some big booms and thought that San Antonio was under attack. We looked out our front door and discovered and watched a very good fireworks show at Sea World.
The next morning we teed at The Golf Club of Texas which was less than 15 minutes away. A fun and forgiving course that's suitable for all levels of play. Read our review of The Golf Club of San Antonio learn more about this course.
We've visited San Antonio on lots of different occasions and on this trip we discovered The Pearl which is a very cool entertainment district centered around and utilizing the old Pearl Brewery facilities. The Pearl is home to an upscale hotel, several good but a tad pricey restaurants, some shops, some cool bars, a live music venue (The Jazz), and a food court with several food options. The evening we were there we got to listen to some good live music in the square and watch the kids enjoy a splash pad.
Cool Nearby Activities:
Near By Things To See and Do
As I mentioned, from Admiralty Resort you can easily get to any of the things to see and do in San Antonio - see Texas Outside's San Antonio Page to find lots of fun things to do. We love to ride bikes around the Riverwalk area and now San Antonio has rental bikes through out the city and several locations with electric scooters - can't wait to try one of those.
Some of the major attractions include: Six Flags, the Riverwalk, the space needle, the Alamo, several missions, a kayaking park, and lots more. Read our articles about a fun visit to Sea World and Aquatica.
We love to golf and San Antonio is loading with some excellent courses (the courses at La Cantera Resort of the JW Marriott are our favorite - see this list of what Texas Outside considers to be the Best San Antonio Public Golf Courses). Here is a San Antonio Golf Map to help you find all of the other San Antonio golf courses.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of Admiralty RV Resort
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more