Advanced RV Resort Overview:
Review of Advanced RV Resort in Houston
Advanced RV Resort is a fantastic RV park located just 12 miles south of downtown Houston and is conveniently located to an east west as well as north south freeway giving you easy access to lots to see and do, excellent medical facilities, shopping, golf, and more. The Park is set away from the freeways and as such it is quiet and peaceful. Advanced RV Resort was built in 2007 and still has that new and pristine look and feel.
The park has secure 24 hour gated access, good amenities, and an excellent mix of full hookup pull throughs and back-in sites that are shaded or open. All of the roads are paved and the sites are level, spacious, and concrete with picnic tables and a parking pad. The roads are wide enough for big rigs to maneuver into the sites.
Advanced RV Resort is home to a large number of monthlies and full timers, all of whom we met seemed friendly and very active. The Park has age and condition restrictions, which means that the RVs are newer and in good condition.
The Park is clean and very well maintained, landscaped with trees and colorful plants, and the staff is friendly and outgoing. Several activities are planned each month, like breakfasts, crafts and tea, block parties, ladies night out, bunko, game night, and more.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
Advanced RV Resort has 155 sites that are a combination of back-in and pull thoughs and they are adding 48 more sites in 2012. All of the sites are paved and have full hook-ups with new lighted pedestals that include water, 20/30/50 AMP, cable, and phone hookup. In most sites the sewer and hook-up pedestals are conveniently located making for an easy hook-up.
The pull through sites are wide (18 to 20 feet) and 65 to 75 feet long with a car parking pad, picnic table and pad, and lush grassy area on both sides. The back-in sites back up to the perimeter of a city Park or to a small pond.
Some of the amenities that you can enjoy during your stay at Advanced RV Resort in Houston include:
- very nice pool area and hot tub
- horseshoe pits
- club house with a kitchen, TV lounge area with couches, and a shuffleboard table
- fitness and workout room
- laundry and shower facilities
- free cable and WiFi
- kids swing set
- two dog runs plus a pet washing area
- free adults and kids bikes for use around the park
- covered pavilion plus a BBQ area with a couple big grills
- office with a good supply of RV supples and some food/snack staples
- fishing pond
Directly accessible out a gate at the back of Advanced RV Resort is Tom Bass Regional Park that offers a Public Golf Course, fishing ponds, model airplane field, disc golf, amphitheater, nature walking trails, and more.
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
Advanced RV Park is a fantastic place to stay if you want to be close to Houston and the Reliant Sports Complex or anywhere in the Houston metroplex. We stayed here after spending a couple days in Galveston and picked Advanced RV Resort because it was close to Wildcat Golf Course, which is a fantastic course and a must play if you're in the area. Read our review of Wildcat Golf Course.
The Park was also close to one of our favorite restaurants, Pappadeaux, which we enjoyed one evening. We can also recommend the Houston Zoo, several other golf courses, or a trip to Kemah or Galveston for the day if you're staying at Advanced RV Resort.
Cool Nearby Activities:
Advanced RV Resort is an excellent place to stay if you want to enjoy all that Houston has to offer from lively night life to excellent restaurants, professional sports teams, plenty of shopping, lots of golf courses, museums, parks, zoos, and lots more. Here is a link to our Houston page to help you find some fun things to see and do.
Within 30 minutes is NASA and one of our favorite cities (Kemah) which is a fun place to spend a day enjoying the boardwalk, restaurants, bars, aquarium, and rides. Or go sailing, kayaking, or fishing in the Bay.
About 45 minutes from Advanced RV Park is Galveston which is another fun place to enjoy the beach, beach bars, restaurants, shops, or attractions like Moody Gardens or Schlitterbaun. Here is a link to our Galveston page which has our list of 10 Fun Things To Do in Galveston plus a couple great articles on things to do in Galveston.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of Advanced RV Resort
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more