All Star RV Resort Overview:
If you're looking for an RV park or a place to stay that is convenient to exploring Houston and the surrounding area, then All Star RV Resort and it's sister RV park, Lake View RV Resort, are perfect choices. All Star RV Resort is a block or two from I-59 frontage road which provides a direct shot to downtown Houston.
All Star RV Resort has over 100 full hook-up RV sites plus fully furnished cabins (park models) and travel trailers for rent. All of the roads within the park are paved and wide enough for big rigs to easily maneuver and park. Some of the sites are shaded, others are open, and there is a mixture of back-in and pull throughs. And All Star RV Resort has a pool and other amenities for you to enjoy during your stay.
The park is very clean and the facilities are well maintained. Woodall's gave All Star RV Resort one of it's best ratings - 5 Ws. This Houston RV park is close to a major freeway and as such you'll hear some freeway noise, but it is constant and no worse than your air conditioner. All Star RV Resort is popular with full timers and Winter Texans and as such stays fairly full.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
All Star RV Resort in Houston has 121 sites that are a mixture of full hook-up RV sites and trailer and cabins. The RV sites are pull throughs and back-ins. All of the sites are paved and level, have 15 to 50 AMP service, picnic tables, water, sewer, phone, and cable TV hook-up. The sites are all side by side with a small grassy area between them. Some of the end corner sites are more spacious.
The first 90 sites area all back-in and a little shorter than most of the other sites and most of these sites are well shaded. The pull through sites are long enough for the big rigs and an RV, tow vehicle, second car, or Toad. The pull through sites have limited to no shade.
If you don't have an RV or friends and family can't fit in yours, then the trailers or park models (cabins) are perfect. These extended stay accommodations are an excellent alternative to boring and cramped and expensive hotel rooms. The three park models seem new and are a combination of one and two bedroom and will sleep two to six people in queens, bunks, or a sleeper sofa. All are fully furnished with TVs, bathroom, full size refrigerator, stove, coffee maker, toaster, microwave, living area, and dining table and chairs plus a picnic table outside.
There are 9 trailers also available for weekend or extended stay. The trailer are one bathroom, one or two bedroom, and like the cabins they are fully furnished with everything you need for a weekend or longer. Daily maid service is available for both the cabins and trailers.
Some of the other amenities that you'll find and get to enjoy during your stay at this Houston RV park include:
- swimming pool with an outdoor Jacuzzi
- workout facility and indoor whirlpool
- business center and computer room and mail service
- well-equipped laundry facilities
- office with a limited number of RV supplies
- free cable TV and Internet service
- grassy area with picnic tables along a slough
- showers and restroom facilities
- horseshoe pit
- ice and vending machines
- two landscaped gazebos with picnic tables and a BBQ grill
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
We stayed at All Star RV Resort on our way home from Port Aransas. One of the reasons we stayed here is because it is very convent to the freeway, some great golf courses, good restaurants, great shopping, and lots of fun things to see and do in Houston. We enjoyed the Houston Zoo, Memorial Park, and Kemah is always fun.
While we stayed at All Star we enjoyed the pool, worked out for a few minutes to try and lose some of the calories from the Thanksgiving meals, and spent some time in the hot tub after our round of golf.
Cool Nearby Activities:
As mentioned earlier, All Star is in a perfect location to explore the Houston area, maybe zip down to Galveston or Kemah or NASA for a day, shop at the Houston Galaria, enjoy the museums, check the animals at the zoo, take in a game at Reliant Stadium, stuff yourself at any of the excellent Houston restaurants, or play any of the several nearby golf courses.
To find something to see and do, check out Texas Outside's:
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of All Star RV Resort
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more