Blazing Star Luxury RV Resort Review & Rating
Locate This Park
Blazing Star Luxury RV Resort Overview:
Review of Blazing Star Luxury RV Resort in San Antonio
Blazing Star Luxury Resort is clearly one of the best RV Resorts in Texas - great sites, clean and well maintained, good amenities and activities, lots of shade trees, and easy access to lots to do. It's not surprising that Trailer Life rated it the best RV park in San Antonio and we included it on our list of the Best RV Parks in Texas.
Located west of downtown San Antonio on Loop 1604, Blazing Star Luxury RV Resort is a perfect place to stay if you want to visit SeaWorld, Fiesta Texas, or explore San Antonio and the area north and west of downtown. This is a fantastic luxury RV resort and an excellent place to camp or stay in one of their cabins for a day, weekend or longer.
Blazing Star Luxury RV Resort has paved roads, level concrete parking pads, lots of trees for shade, and plenty of amenities and weekly activities to keep you busy. In addition to 286 back-in and pull through full hook-up sites there are 34 cabins that sleep two to six people.
Blazing Star Luxury RV Resort is located on loop 1604 so you have easy access to anywhere you want to go. And you're less than 5 minutes to SeaWorld, 15 minutes to Fiesta Texas, and 20 to downtown. Wal-Mart and HEB are within a couple minutes drive and you have several choices for restaurants, shopping, and more.
The Park is very well maintained, everything is very clean, and the staff is helpful and friendly. We can highly recommend Blazing Star Luxury RV Resort as a great place to stay when visiting San Antonio or just to get away for a weekend.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
Blazing Star Luxury RV Resort has 286 full hookup sites that are aligned in 7 rows and around three-quarters of the perimeter of the property. The 69 sites along the perimeter are back-in sites and the rest are long pull throughs which on average are 60' long by 15' wide. Each of the sites have 20/30/50 AMP service, cable, water, and most have a picnic table. The hookups are conveniently located and shouldn't require an extension.
The sites are level and long and have a separate concrete pad for the picnic table and some have a concrete parking pad for your vehicle There is a grassy area ranging from 10 to 50 feet and more between sites - the sites on the north end of the Park are very spacious. Pricing for the sites is based on yard size - 15', 15' to 25', and the premier sites which are 25' or mor of yard space.
The roads are paved but it's a tad tight for big rigs trying to make the turns (thanks to trees) and maneuvering around the park into the sites. Some sites are shaded and others are open with no trees.
In addition to RV sites, Blazing Star has 34 cabins that are a mixture of one bedroom, two bedroom, and one bedroom with a loft. All of the cabins have a full sized bed, sleeper sofa and couch in the living area, full kitchen with all the utensils, linens, two cable TVs, a porch with an outside table and chairs, and more. The cabins will sleep 4 to 6 people and they are very clean and comfortable - perfect for a weekend or longer of fun in San Antonio and much better than an expensive hotel room.
Some of the amenities at Blazing Star Luxury Resort include:
- very nice pool area with a heated lagoon pool, small oval kids pool, table and chairs, lounge chairs, ping pong table, and restrooms
- fitness center with weights, treadmill, exercise back, and an eleptical machine
- office with a few RV supplies and some basic food staples from charcoal to ice cream plus t-shirts, hats, and other souveniers
- meeting room with a full kitchen
- huge dog park your dog will love - lots of room for fido to get some exercise chasing balls and it's going to be tough to get him to leave
- clubhouse & pavillion for scheduled activities or private events
- free cable and Wi-Fi
- three bath houses and a laundry facility with new equiptment as well as a soft leather and TV to enjoy while your clothes get clean
- free shuttle to SeaWorld during the season which means you avoid all the hassle of parking your car
- arcade games and pool tables
- playground and bocce ball court
- covered patio with tables and chairs near the playground for socializing, cards or games, or watching the kids enjoy the playground
- card and game room with a lending library
- three bath houses with individual private showers, tiled floor, and spotless
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
We stayed at Blazing Star Luxury Resort on a recent trip to San Antonio with the grand kids. And shortly after the RV was plugged in, all five of us were having fun in the pool, playing some arcade games and a game of pool, and enjoying an ice cream.
The next day we were up early to beat the crowds to Aquatica and SeaWorld. On this trip, we spent all day enjoying everything that Aquatica has to offer and we all loved it! Read about our enjoyable visit to SeaWorld and Aquatica
After a good nights sleep, we headed to downtown San Antonio to Ripley's Believe It or Not which was fun. That was followed by more pool time and some table tennis.
Blazing Star Luxury RV Resort is close to lots of good restaurants and we had some good meals at 54th Street, Two Step (great live music on the patio), and Viola's Ventanas Mexican restaurant which also had live music on the patio and a big playground for the kids.
Cool Nearby Activities:
The advantage of staying at Blazing Star Luxury Resort is that you're close to lots of fun things to see and do. Some of our favorites include:
- SeaWorld and Aquatica are outstanding and fun for all ages
- Fiesta Texas has some thrilling rides and is a full day of entertainment
- golf courses are everywhere and San Antonio has several of the best in Texas - here is our list of the Best San Antonio Golf Courses
- downtown San Antonio is loaded with lots to see and do from the Alamo to the Riverwalk to a Spurs Game - see our San Antonio page to find our list of the Top Ten Things To Do and use the map to find lots to do
- live music at John T Floore's Country Store or on the patio at some of the nearby restaurants
Our favorite way to see San Antonio is by bicycling around the city. The City now has a bike sharing program where you can rent a bike at any of the Bike Stations and ride it for the day and return it to any of the other Bike Stations. See our San Antonio map for things to do and our Top Ten Things To Do in San Antonio.
If you got more time, the Cowboy Capital of Texas (Bandera) is fun, Natural Bridges (cave, zip line, safari park, and more) is a full of activity, Boerne is good for shopping, and there are some very scenic drives within an hour.
- Locate This Park:
- Area Map
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of Blazing Star Luxury RV Resort
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more