Fallbrook RV Resort Overview:
Rating and Review of Fallbrook RV Resort in Houston
About 20 minutes north of downtown Houston is a very clean and well maintained new RV park that is well worth a stay if you want to be close to a lot to do in the Houston area. Fallbrook RV Resort is conveniently located to Beltway 8 and Interstate 45 providing easy freeway access north or south, east or west. .
The RV Resort opened in late 2014 and the trees and landscaping are still maturing. The roads are paved and some of the widest we have seen in any RV Park - big rigs won't have any trouble getting into or out of any of the sites at Fallbrook RV Resort. Plus all the sites are paved and perfectly level.
Some of the reasons why we think you should consider staying here for a visit or as a full timer include:
- the RV Resort is clean and well maintained
- the sites are great - some sites surround a lake, all sitess are wide, long, paved and level
- the staff and long term guests are friendly and outgoing
- the short and long term rates are reasonable
- it's convenient to lots to do and close to the freeway
- the amenities are excellent
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
Fallbrook RV Resort has 150 full hook-up RV sites that are a combination of long pull thoughs and back-ins. 44 of the sites are on the edge of a 4 acre lake with a fountain. These sites are a mixture of sites with left or right side hook-ups which is great because it makes it easy to hook-up whether you pull-in or back-in to face the lake.
All of the sites are paved, perfectly level, and have a concrete patio pad and picnic table, and a lighted hook-up pedestal that is conveniently located - no need for extensions. The pull throughs are 50' and 65' long and 13' wide. The back-ins are 20' or 23.5' withe and 25' to 47.5' long - all have grass on both sides. All of the sites have one young tree which some time in the future will provide some shade.
In addition to the RV sites, Fallbrook RV Resort has 4 fully furnished park models plus 12 travel trailers available for rent. The Park Models are 400 square feet with one or two bedrooms, full kitchen, and sleep up to 4 guests. The travel trailers range from 32' to 38', have 3 slides, are fully furnished, and sleep up to 4 guests.
The amenities at Fallbrook RV Resort are excellent and include:
- fenced perimeter and a gated entrance
- rec room with a comfortable couch and chairs, large flat screen TV, coffee and popcorn, pool table, and shuffleboard
- state of the art fitness equipment
- a computer room with several free computer and internet usage
- mail room
- golf cart rentals
- first class laundry facilities
- clean restroom and showers
- great pool area with a heated hot tub
- dog wash and huge dog run
- free air, propane and a small amount of RV supplies for sale
- picnic area with a stainless steel gas grill, picnic table, and a gas fire pit and chairs facing the lake
- another picnic and party area with two stainless steel BBQ grills and two gas burners; a bar, ice machine, and flat screen; a table and chairs; and a gas fire pit and chairs just outside the rec room and overlooking the lake
- free 46 channel cable and Wi-Fi
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
First up on our agenda on our first stay at Fallbrook RV Resort was a round of golf at Memorial Park Golf Course and Blackhawk North the next day. In between golf we enjoyed a bike ride around Memorial Park, some good restaurants, and an enjoyable visit to the Houston Downtown Aquarium.
Cool Nearby Activities:
One of the best things from our perspective about staying at Fallbrook RV Resort is it's close to Beltway 8 and Interstate 45 providing easy access to everything that the Houston area has to offer from an aquarium to great shopping to excellent restaurants to horse track racing to fun night life to a zoo.
Plus excellent golf courses (see this Houston Golf Map and our list of the Best Houston Golf Courses), running and biking trails, museums, kayaking, splash parks, interesting attractions, professional sports venues, and lots more. See our map of Houston and our Top Ten Fun Things To Do In Houston.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of Fallbrook RV Resort
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more