I-35 RV Park & Resort Overview:
I-35 RV Park & Resort is a very clean and well maintained RV park a few miles north of Waco in Elm Mott. They are just off of the frontage road, so there is some freeway noise, but other than that, this is a very nice park. The terrain is flat, there are a few trees, all the roads are paved, and the sites are side by side. The new owners are very friendly and helpful and have a number of plans to improve the park.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
I-35 RV Park & Resort has over 250 RV sites which are a mixture of pull thrus and back ins. The sites have water, electric, and sewer hookups and most are over-sized to handle large rigs with quad slides. The sites are level, most are not shaded, and some have picnic tables. I-35 RV Park also has covered sites at the back of the campground.
Some of the other amenities include: a small cafe that serves great home cooked meals at very reasonable prices; wi-fi Internet; meeting rooms to accommodate 20 to 150 people; 3 fishing ponds with a catch and release policy; 2 laundromats; propane; rec room with pool table, popcorn, and TV; and onsite RV repair.
There is a very nice pool, spa, and soon to be sandy beach area with volleyball courts, and a cabana. There are plans to create a day parking and day use area with access to the beach and pool - so if you're tired, hot, or need to relax for a few stops, stop in. The back 40 has two areas with sheep for petting, which will entertain the young kids for awhile.
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
We have stayed here to explore the Waco area. If you like to fish the ponds are stocked. The pool provides a relaxing and refreshing setting.
Cool Nearby Activities:
Waco is about 5 miles south of the park and offers lots of things to see and do. Check out
the Texas Outside Guide to Waco to learn more about biking, hiking, exploring, dining, and partying in Waco. You'll also find an article on exploring Waco and 10 Fun Things to do in Waco.
- Website Link
- Locate This Park:
- Area Map
Texas Outside Favorite Sites:
B-1, C-1, or D-1 - there isn't much different between any of the sites.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of I-35 RV Park & Resort
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more