Lazy L&L Campground Overview:
Lazy L & L Campground & Store
Lazy L & L Campground is a great place to spend some time camping and enjoying the beautiful Guadalupe River. They are situated on a very scenic section of the River that is perfect for swimming, tubing, fishing, or just relaxing in cool refreshing Guadalupe River. The Campground is on a 10 to 30 foot bluff above the river but there are several places in the campground where you can easily walk down to the river.
They have 187 sites that are a mixture of tent sites and back-in and pull through RV sites - all of which have water and 30 or 30/50 AMP service, picnic table, trash barrel, and grills. Some of the sites have plenty of shade, others have limited to none. All of the sites are side by side and some have a grassy area between sites.
Lazy L & L Campground has three quarters of a mile of riverfront along the Guadalupe River and 71 of the sites (a mixture of tent and small RV sites) are on a bank overlooking the Guadalupe. About a quarter mile upriver, Lazy L & L Campground has another section for riverfront camping.
In addition to tent and RV sites, Lazy L & L has a one bedroom 850 square foot vacation home for rent as well as three other one room cabins, one of which has a private bathroom and shower.
Lazy L & L Campground is very clean and well maintained (which is the compliment that they receive the most) but the roads and parking pads are gravel and dirt which during our horrible drought can make thinks a little dusty. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
Some of the amenities at Lazy L & L include:
- tube, raft, and kayak rentals with a shuttle service
- a country store with everything from beer to snacks to t-shirts and hats
- sand volleyball courts
- RV dump station, air station, and bundles of firewood
- horseshoe and washer pits
- showers (tokens are required) and restrooms
- a dance hall and bar with live music most weekends during the summer
- free WiFi
- a grill serving burgers and more on weekends during the summer only
But the best amenity at Lazy L & L Campground is the easy access to a beautiful stretch of the Guadalupe for tubing, fishing, swimming, or just sitting by a rapid reading a book or chatting with friends.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more