Los Suenos de Santa Fe RV Park & Campground Review & Rating
Los Suenos de Santa Fe RV Park & Campground Overview:
Review and Rating of Los Suenos de Santa Fe RV Park & Campground
If you’re heading to Santa Fe and looking for a spot to park the RV and explore the Santa Fe area then you should consider Los Suenos de Santa Fe RV Park & Campground which is about 5 miles from the heart of the Santa Fe Plaza which is loaded with shops, restaurants, and history. The Park has easy access to some of the major freeways, several restaurants, and more including a Wal Mart and a Home Depot less than a mile away.
Los Suenos de Santa Fe RV Park & Campground has long pull through full hook-up sites as well as back-in full hook-up sites and 3 cabins. The RV Park is clean and well maintained and the staff is friendly and helpful. The mail road through the Park is paved and wide.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
Los Suenos de Santa Fe RV Park & Campground has 95 RV sites of which 70 are back-in along the perimeter of the Park and 25 are pull-throughs in a row down the center of the Park. The pull-throughs are 70’ long and 20’ wide and each has a concrete patio with a picnic table in the middle of the site plus water and electric hook-ups. The hook-ups are at the rear of the site and may require extensions for water, electric, and sewer. Some of the sites have two sewer hook-ups – one at the rear of the site and one in the middle of the site – which is very convenient and a nice feature.
Some sites have 50 AMP service in the middle of the site on a utility pole on the drivers side of the site while others will require you to run your electrical cord under your rig to get to the hookup which is on the passenger side of the site. Some of the sites have a small evergreen tree in a pot and some have a larger tree at the rear of the site that will provide some shade. If you want shade, you’ll need to use your awning.
The back-in sites are 40' long and 20' wide and each one has water, sewer, and 30 AMP connection at the rear of the site. The sites also have a concrete patio pad with a wooden picnic table. The majority of the sites back up to a perimeter wooden fence and a lot of the have some shade trees.
Los Suenos de Santa Fe RV Park & Campground has 3 log cabins that have one bedroom and a loft, a full kitchen (stocked with dishes, utensils, pots and pans, coffee maker, and more), dining and living area with a TV, full bathroom with a tub, and an outside porch with chairs and a picnic table. Linens and towels are also provided.
All of the sites are gravel and level or a very gentle slope that shouldn’t take much to get your RV level. Each of the sites have a covered trash can.
Some of the amenities at Los Suenos de Santa Fe RV Park & Campground include:
- swimming pool
- covered pavilion with picnic tables
- free wi-fi but no cable TV
- dog run
- horseshoe pits
- propane bottle filling station
- kids playground
- an office with a computer work station including a fax and printer, book and movie lending station, and lots of information on what to do in Santa Fe
The men's and women's bathrooms are clean and well maintained and include private showers with toilets and sinks and the men's and women's restrooms both have washers and dryers.
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
We stayed at Los Suenos de Santa Fe RV Park & Campground as part of a New Mexico Vacation to escape the 105 degree temperatures in Texas. We originally planned to stay 4 days but we were having so much fun exploring and enjoying Santa Fe that we extended our stay for an extra couple days. You can read our Santa Fe Vacation article to learn more about what we did, some of which included:
- golf on two magnificent courses
- lots of good New Mexican cuisine
- sampling several craft beers brewed in New Mexico
- biking and walking around the city
- live music in the Plaza and at a couple local bars/restaurants
We had a great time and hated to leave
Cool Nearby Activities:
Santa Fe is loaded with lots of fun things to do in the summer as well as the winter. The Plaza area is jam packed with shops, historical sites, fun nightlife spots, and great restaurants. During our visit there was free live music each night in the Plaza square.
Within in hour of Santa Fe you find lots of outstanding golf courses - here is a link to some of the New Mexico golf courses we have played and reviewed.
You'll also find museums, art galleries, historical sites, river rafting (read our article about rafting the Race Course on the Rio Grande River), horse back riding, balloon rides, snow skiing in the winters, spas, hiking and biking trails, several casinos, and lots more. Visit the Santa Fe Visitors Bureau for more info.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Additional Pictures of Los Suenos de Santa Fe RV Park & Campground
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more