Mission West Resort Overview:
Review and Rating of Mission West RV Park in Palmview
Known locally as the "Star of South Texas," Mission West RV Park is a friendly RV park with 340 full hook-up sites. There are lots of monthly residents (Winter Texans) as well as long-term residents.
The Park is clean and well maintained, there are lots of tall palm trees and other landscaping, and the main roads through the Park are paved and wide enough for big rigs to easily maneuver into a site.
The residents and guests seem extremely friendly and the Mission West RV Park staff are friendly and helpful.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
The RV sites at Mission West RV Park are all back-ins and are a mixture of concrete or dirt/gravel/grass parking pads. Each site has 30 and 50 Amp service, water, and sewer hook-ups. All of the sites are side-by-side but have 10 to 30 feet of space between them. There are plenty of sites with shade.
Some of the MIssion West RV Park's amenities include:
a heated pool and hot tub
two restroom facilities
dog run and some walking trails
recreation hall with billiards
multi-purpose hall with a full kitchen and a dance hall
Mission West RV Park also has a 9 hole par 3 1285 yard golf course that's within walking distance to your RV site. The director of golf is a great guy and he sponsors lots of tournaments and golf related activities. Here is a link to our review of El Nino - https://www.texasoutside.com/golf-courses/el-nino-golf-course-in-palmview.
There is also an activities director who schedules lots of activities and events for guests and residents.
A Typical Texas Outsider Day:
Cool Nearby Activities:
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more