Pioneer River Resort Overview:
Brief Review & Rating of Pioneer River Resort in Bandera
Located a block from downtown Bandera, Pioneer River Resort has 69 pull through full hook-up sites, back-in sites close to the Medina River, equine sites, and a caboose with a kitchen and queen sized bed. The roads through the park are paved but the sites are dirt and grass with a picnic table. All of the sites are very close together.
Some of the amenities at Pioneer River Resort include: laundry, dump station, pool, jacuzzi, playground, shuffleboard, and recreation center.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more