Taos Valley RV Park & Campground Overview:
Review of Taos Valley RV Park & Campground in Taos New Mexico
Wow, what a nice RV park just 2.5 miles from the historic Taos Plaza. The park is very well landscaped with trees and native New Mexico landscaping. There are 92 sites that are a mixture of back-in and pull throughs and all of the sites are level with convenient hookup locations. The sites seem more spacious than most RV parks and part of the reason may be that the long pull throughs alternate the way you pull into your site.
There are also 9 tent or small camper sites with a covered picnic table. All of the other sites have a fire pit and picnic table. About half of the sites are full hook-up (water, electric, and 30/50 AMP) and some of the tent sites have water and electric and others have no hook-ups.
Amenities and Fun Things To Do:
The only amenities are a playground, laundry room, short nature trail, restrooms, propane sales, a basletball hoop, and a small gift shop.
- Overall Rating:
- Scenic Beauty:
- Things To Do:
Texas Outside uses a tough rating scale and it’s difficult for a campground to get a “10”. Each park is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: a campground that is flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, no water or electricity, no fire pit, no grill, or no picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees and no view; the ground cover is crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); and they require a lot of work to get your rig level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more