Fun Things To See and Do in Cedar Hill Texas
In the heart of the bustling Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, there is an oasis of natural beauty, breathtaking views and nature attractions unlike anywhere in North Texas. It’s all in Cedar Hill, the Hill Country of Dallas/Fort Worth.
Nature is the main attraction in Cedar Hill. It is a preferred destination for nature enthusiasts, hikers, cyclists, mountain bikers, boaters, campers and adventure competitors of all types.
Year-round outdoor adventure is all here for you in Cedar Hill. Cedar Hill hosts special interest MEET UP groups from across Texas with its nature attractions and awesome sports and outdoor recreation opportunities. If you are in a Texas MEET UP group for hiking, camping, mountain biking, disc golf or any group interested in outdoor adventure, the friendly people in the Cedar Hill Tourism Department can help organize your adventure to Cedar Hill. Visit the Cedar Hill Website to learn more.
Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center at Cedar Hill
- is a LEED Gold-certified activity center and it is registered with the National Audubon Society. It sits on 200+ acres of pristine forest that offers a look at both East and West Texas flora and fauna. Named for the extraordinary occurrence of dogwood trees on the chalky limestone slopes, the center serves as a hub for the miles of trails through avian habitat and rare plant life.
- on 45 miles of multi-purpose natural trails. Cedar Hill has more than 3,000 acres of protected natural space within the city, the highest percentage of preserved open space of any city in the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex. Trails are everywhere in Cedar Hill; at Cedar Hill State Park, Dogwood Canyon Audubon Center and in the Lester Lorch, Cedar Mountain and Calabria nature preserves.
Lester Lorch Nature Preserve & Disc Golf Course
- attracts disc golf enthusiasts from all over Texas and surrounding states. Its 36 holes are integrated into the nature preserve with beautiful views and excellent elevation changes. Often referred to as the “Augusta National” of disc golf courses.
- Cedar Hill is the region’s premier shopping and dining destination. Here there are national retailers, one-of-a-kind shops and boutiques, a large outdoor lifestyle shopping center and over 75 dining options from haute cuisine to family-owned cafes and chain restaurants to offer a place for every taste. At the outdoor Hillside Village, shopping feels like a nature trip! It is one of many premier shopping, dining and entertainment attractions in Cedar Hill.
Historic Downtown Cedar Hill
- The historic 2.2 mile walking tour of old Downtown Cedar Hill provides a unique perspective on the history of Cedar Hill and showcases many of the city’s original homes and businesses. Enjoy unique dining and shopping in downtown Cedar Hill and be sure to take in one of the many outdoor festivals the city hosts in its popular downtown area.