Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa Stay & Play
Shortly after the $150 million dollar renovation and expansion of the Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa in 2019, we couldn’t resist booking Omni's "unlimited golf & replays the same day" package and a treatment at the new Mokara Spa. Wow, are we glad that did it!
After being closed for the renovations and expansion, the 4,000 acre Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, which is considered “the ultimate retreat in Texas” opened in May 2019. Here are just some of the results from spending the $150 million:
- An additional 100 luxury guest rooms were built in a new hotel tower
- All of the hotel rooms were renovated in the existing tower
- A multi-tiered swimming pool area was added which includes: 3 pools, an outside bar, new poolside grill, and a stunning view from the infinity pool of the 18th green on the Fazio Foothills golf course
- New and unique dining options including the well known Bob’s Steak & Chop House
- The Fazio Foothills and Coore Crenshaw golf courses were renovated in 2018 and 2019, respectively and the award-winning Fazio Canyons Golf Course got a new clubhouse
- The new luxurious Mokara Spa featuring 13,000 square feet of space with a rooftop pool, steam room, sauna, whirlpool, and 19 treatment rooms opened
To learn more about the Resort, read Texas Outside's Omni Barton Creek Resort article about our 4 day visit enjoying the golf courses, spa, pool, and restaurants.
Golf at the Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa
The Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa is home to four spectacular golf courses, which are typically rated as some of the best in Texas by Golf Digest, Dallas Morning News, and of course Texas Outside's Best of the Best Courses in Texas. Click on the links below and you can read Texas Outside's detailed review and rating of each course.
Fazio Foothills - get ready for a roller-coaster ride through the Texas Hill Country when you play Fazio Foothills and during your round you’ll find tight to forgiving tree-lined fairways, dramatic elevation changes, waterfalls, over 60 bunkers, cliffs, creeks, natural hazards, and challenging green complexes - but don’t let that scare you, the course is challenging, particularly from the back tees, but it’s fair to golfers of all levels of play
Fazio Canyons - it's not often that we get to play two award-winning Fazio courses in the same weekend and Fazio Canyons is a blast to play thanks to it's numerous scenic holes, spectacular Hill Country views, and a beautiful limestone bed creek that meanders throughout the course waiting for your golf balls.
Coore Crenshaw Golf Course - designed by Austin's Ben Crenshaw and then redesigned by Bill Coore, this 18 holes of golf holds true to Crenshaw's philosophy of "nature is the best architect" and he did a fine job of leveraging the Texas Hill Country and it's scenic vistas, rolling treed terrain, elevation changes, and carries over ravines.
Palmer Lakeside - this Arnold Palmer design has elevation changes, some excellent holes, great conditions, and views of Lake Travis plus deep, brushy, and intimidating ravines, fabulous scenery, excellent conditions, plenty of challenges, and lots of “wow, that was another great hole!”
Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa Amenities
During our stay we enjoyed:
a very soft and comfy bed in a well appointed suite overlooking a couple of the golf holes
a wonderful massage to work out the golf kinks - read why we consider Mokara Spa to be one of the best spas in Texas
lots of good food ranging from a huge breakfast buffet to an excellent fish po boy to a tender melt in your mouth ribeye at the Omni's new Bob's Steak & Chop House, which is one of five good dining options
some time in the infinity pool (boy, did that feel good after golf in 96 degree weather) overlooking the rolling hills and the 18th green
- live music, appetizers, and cold beer in Jim Bob's Lobby Lounge
What an enjoyable few days at the Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa!