Top Ten Fun Things To Do In and Around Galveston
Here is a list of Texas Outside's Top Ten Fun Things To See & Do in Galvestion. If you're headed to Galveston for a vacation or weekend then try some of these Galveston attractions and things to do. You'll also find them and more on our interactive Galveston Map.
- Play Some Golf - Moody Gardens Golf Course is a fun 18 hole course - read our review by Moody Gardens Golf Course
- Enjoy the Sand & Surf - hit the beach for swimming, fishing, biking, flying kites, paddle ball, bocce ball, or just chilling out
Pedal a Bike -bike on the beach or along the seawall which is a long paved trail along the seawall or there are some unique and interesting housing developments to ride through near the State Park as well as 4 miles of multi-use trails across from the State Park for hiking and mountain biking around the bayou - our favorite is to bike along the seawall with frequent stops at some of the bars and restaurants facing the ocean
- Visit the Strand - you can't leave Galveston without checking out The Strand for quaint shops, restaurants, and nightlife
- Go Boating, Kayaking, Fishing, or Parasailing - Launch your ownkayak or rent one and explore the bay and bayous across the street from the State Park; charter a fishing boat; or renta kayak, jet ski, pontoon boat, or ski boat or go parasailing.
- Tour the Historical District - ride bikes through the Historical District and see the beautiful restored homes dating from the 1800's
- Check out the Tourist Attractions - visit Lone Star Flight Museum if you like aviation; Moody Gardens has an aquarium, pool, Imax theater, and much more; Schlitterbahn Galveston Island Waterpark has lots of fun and thrilling water related things to do; check out the Ocean Star Offshore Drilling Rig and Museum; visit the Texas Seaport Museum and board the 1877 Tall Ship Elissa; or visit the Galveston Railroad Museum; and make sure you ride the Galveston Island Trolley
- Explore the Houston Bay Area - about 20 minutes from Galveston is the Houston Bay Area which has lots to see and do - check out Kemah for rides, waterfront dining, and entertainment - read the Exploring Southeast Texas Thank God For Weekends to find out what to see and do in Kemah