|Texas Parks, Camping, & RV Home Page|
|Find a Private or KOA Campground|
|Listing of Parks Reviewed|
|Coupons, Discounts, & More|
|Thank God For Weekends|
|Golf & Resorts Home Page
Select a Course by City
Course Reviews & Favorites
Locate a Golf Course or Golf Resort
Click a Map Region >>
Coupons & Reservations
Thank God For Weekends
Fun Filled Vacations
Thank God for Weekends
Fun Things To Do In Texas
Texas Outdoor Activities - Recreation, Attractions, Leisure
Texas Outside has 1000's of pages of information on fun things to see and do in Texas like camping, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, hunting, zip lines, parasailing, tubing, golfing, and lots more. Plus our unbiased reviews of Texas golf courses, resorts, campgrounds, music and festivals, lakes, and golf stay and plays. You might also enjoy our articles on Texas vacations, weekend adventures, and similar articles about things to do. You can find information organized by activity, city, and region.
If you are a couch potato, this site is not for you - visit TVGuide.com! But if you're active and looking for places to go and fun things to see and do in Texas - you've come to the right place. For those of you thinking about moving to, or vacationing in Texas, you'll be impressed with the wide variety of cultural and Texas outdoor activities you can find at this site. For you Texans, Texas Outside is built to help you plan a fun filled weekend or vacation, enjoy a new adventure, or add something to your bucket list.
We try to live by this quote: Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but to skid in sideways, burger in one hand and a cold beer in the other, with a sunburned body thoroughly used up and totally worn out while screaming, "WOO HOO, WHAT A RIDE!!!!!"
Our Goal is to provide you with lots of good information on outdoor activities and fun things to see and do in Texas. On Texas Outside you'll find: easy ways to locate a campground, lake, or golf course; reviews of music events, golf courses, lakes, campgrounds, resorts, and more; coupons and discounts; and lots of links to fun activities.
The goal of this section is to provide you with an easy and quick way to locate a Texas State Park, RV park, LCRA park, or any Texas campground, learn more about the park, and then book a reservation. Texas Outside has all of the Texas State Parks listed and a growing list of other RV parks. To help you accomplish that, in this section of Texas Outside you will find multiple ways to quickly locate a campground using regional Texas maps that show all of the Texas State Parks and a growing list of other RV parks and campgrounds.
You can also find a park by it's name or by searching by city. You will find links to the State Park's or RV park's website and you'll be able to easily tell if Texas Outside has reviewed and rated the park. The intent of the reviews is to give you our opinion of the park, show you some pictures, highlight the amenities, and list some fun things to see and do in or nearby the park. To make it easy for you, we also have a link so you can make a reservation. In this section you'll also find information on RVs, travel articles, coupons, lake camping, and much more. Here is the link to the Texas Parks, Camping, and RV Section of the website.
The following is a small sampling of what you will find in the Texas Parks, Camping, and RVs portion of the website:
- Find A Texas Park/Campground - you can find a State Park, LCRA Park, County or City Park, or RV Park by city or park name plus you'll be able to see the park rating and link to the review, any special discounts, the park's website, and to a reservation system. Click on the city to see an approximate location of the park
- Find a campground by Texas Region - Central Region, Panhandle Region, Northeast Region, South Region, West Region, or East Region
- Park/Campground Reviews and Ratings - read our unbiased review with pictures, rating, amenities, and things to do in the park and nearby plus you'll find Texas Outside's Favorite Parks
- Reserve a State Park Campsite - here is a link to reserve a State Park or Corp of Engineer park
- Campground Discounts and Coupons - click here to save some money on your next camping trip
Be sure to reserve your sites well in advance - Texas State Parks are very popular. Support your Texas State Parks - funds are constantly being cut which is impacting staffing, maintenance, and enhancements.
RVing is a key part of camping and we'll show you where you can buy an RV, rent an RV, have it stored and serviced, and more. You can also check out our sister site, Texas RV, for more RV related information. If you are considering buying or selling an RV, both Texas Outside and Texas RV can help.
Texas Vacations Section has tons of rich content on things to see and do on your vacation, weekends, or trips to Texas. You'll find information on fun things to see and do in Texas cities including dining, lodging, golfing, biking, cultural events, attractions and amusements, and much more. On the individual cities, look for "Exploring the City" and "Top Ten Things To See and Do". You can easily locate a place to vacation and quickly find what it has to offer by clicking on any of the items on our Texas Regional Vacation Guides:
If you don't want to stay in one of the local hotels, then check out our Bed and Breakfast section to find a B&B near where you want to stay. Take a peek at the Texas Wineries Section for you wine lovers and our for you want-to-be cowboys.
If you like to travel and explore Texas then you will love the following:
- will feature a write-up of a recent trip (camping, boating, golfing, biking, exploring cities, music festivals, etc.) taken by Texas Outside and it will include reviews, ratings, and information on lots of fun things to do
- Travels with Grandma is another popular section of the website with articles about road trips exploring Texas
- Exploring Texas Cities - easy reading articles with pictures and links on what to do when visiting the listed cities
- Weekend Warriors - a jam packed weekend of fun for you - we've done all the basic research and planning, all you need to do is pack the bags and go have a good time
Texas Resorts - Texas has lots of good resorts and our goal is to visit them all and provide you with a review and information on the resort, their amenities, and their activities. You will find Resort Reviews, our favorite resorts, and more in the Resorts section of Discover Texas. Plus you'll find lake resorts and interactive lake maps to help you quickly locate lake resorts and rentals.
If you are planning a Texas corporate retreat, business meeting, or any type of reunion, we have listed some outstanding Reunion venues for you to consider.and
If you are a golfer, then Texas Outside will provide an easy way to locate Texas golf courses and golf resorts that are in your area or an area you want to visit. On the site you will find a listing for over 500 Texas golf courses. If Texas Outside has played the course, you'll find our very biased (but hopefully informative) rating and review of the course - keep coming back because we add at least one new course review a month. For some courses, you will find a link to their website, coupons, and a link to discounted tee-times. Check out the Texas Outside Top Ten courses.
Here is a sampling of what you'll find in the Golfing Texas Section of Texas Outside:
Golf Course Locator - if you like to play different golf courses in your surrounding area or any part of Texas, this section will help you quickly find a Texas golf course by city (you can see a map with all the courses in that city) or by golf course name plus you can see at a glance if they have any coupons or specials, stay and play packages, or discounted tee times.
In the golf section you'll find:
- Texas Regional Golf Maps - looking for a new course to play, then check out the regional maps that show all of the public and private Texas golf courses in that region - Central Region, Panhandle Region, Northeast Region, South Region, West Region, or East Region
- - you will find reviews with pictures and ratings and Texas Outside's Favorite Texas Golf Courses
- Coupons and Specials - save some money when you play these courses
- Golf resort reviews - reviews of some of the best golf resorts in Texas
- is there any better escape than to pack the bags, grab the clubs, load up your best friends, spouse, or significant other and head out of town to enjoy a couple nights in a resort or hotel and play at least 18 holes of golf? Texas has some excellent golf Stay & Play packages at some outstanding resorts or hotels with some fantastic golf course at affordable prices. The Texas Outside Stay and Play Page will list some of the best and in most cases you can plan the trip well in advance to save on airfares and get advance tee times. Some of the Stay and Play packages are from Southern Breezes who will handle all of the arrangements for you - what a painless way to go.
Before you pick a package, you might want to check where we provide a review of the course, the hotel/resort, and the amenities. You might also find a review of the course on the Golf Course Reviews Page. We are adding new reviews all the time, so keep checking back. Stop making excuses, get on the horn, and plan that trip now!
Guess what this section is all about. If climbing, surfing, canoeing, tubing, hiking, biking, disc golf, cave exploring, equestrian activities, bird watching, and other outdoor activities are of interest, this is the section you'll enjoy. Here is a sampling of just some of the other outdoor activities that you'll find in the Other Outdoor Activities Section of Texas Outside:
- Biking - bike trails, biking resources, bike clubs, bike events, and more
- Kayaking and Canoeing - a page dedicated to all of you who like to kayak or canoe in Texas
- Tubing - all you need to know about tubing in Texas
- Hiking - Texas hiking trails and other hiking resources
- - places to horseback ride in Texas
- Disc Golf and lots more fun activities in Other Outdoor Activities and Sports Section
If we are missing any outdoor activities, let us know. We would love to hear from you about your favorite trails, favorite sports, or anything else that you would like to share with us and 3 million other Texas Outside Outdoor Enthusiasts. Please. Thanks for your help.
The intent of the Hunting and Fishing section is to provide you with links and information on where to hunt and fish in Texas, good gear to make your hunt or fishing trip more successful, networking with fellow enthusiasts, places to stay, and other valuable hunting and fishing content. Here is just some of the content you'll find:
- Texas Fishing Home Page
- Texas Hunting Home Page
If you like Texas lakes for picnicking, fishing, swimming, camping, boating, or just for fooling around, you will find a lot of information in this section. The goal of this section is to help you find a lake, learn more about it, and provide some information to help you enjoy it. If Texas Outside has visited the lake (and had the time to write it up) you'll see our lake reviews and rating which also includes fun things to do while you're at the lake.
Check out all the good stuff in the Texas Lakes and Boating Section:
- Find a lake in a Texas Region - Central Region, Panhandle Region, Northeast Region, South Region, West Region, or East Region - the specific lake icon will have links to more info on the lake, watercraft rentals, the lake review, marinas, lake resorts and rental property, and fishing guides,
- New Interactive Lake Maps t0 help you quickly locate resorts/rentals, marinas, boat rentals, ramps, restaurants, party coves, and much more
- Lake Reviews, Ratings, and Texas Outside Favorites
- Texas Lake Campgrounds
- Texas Lake Boat and Watercraft Rentals
- Texas Fishing Guides
- Texas Lake Resorts and Rentals
- Houseboating in Texas
This section has some excellent deals that will save you money on a variety of items ranging from discounts on campsites, specials on golfing, and coupons for other sports and activities. Some of the discounts, coupons, or specials have expiration dates so check them out now. Some of the vendors offer two-for-ones and other outstanding deals. The Entertainment Passbook is a perfect example - it has hundreds of two-for-ones or 50% off on good restaurants, golf courses, amusement parks, and tons of other stuff. You will find links to specials just for Texas Outside visitors, passbooks to buy to get coupons, and more. Look for
If you are thinking about an outdoor wedding, you've come to the right place. After celebrating two outdoor weddings in the Texas Hill Country we realized how truly magnificent and incredibly personal they can be. Our goal is to provide you with not only the essentials you are seeking, such as outdoor wedding locations, the perfect invitation, and a list of vendors sure to fulfill your every need, but with the small details to help make your day truly one-of-a-kind. It's the special touches that make your wedding personal. We strive to give you ideas and hints to help your wedding stand out above all others. Make your guests talk about your wedding for years to come, but more importantly make it a lasting memory for your family and a magical night for you. Some of what you will find in the Texas Outdoor Wedding includes:
- Wedding Venues - a list of the best outdoor venues in Texas
- - creative and innovative invitations, stationary, and more
- Wedding Vendors for everything thing your wedding needs
- Unique Ideas - make your wedding different and special
- Real Texas Outdoor Weddings - experience some outdoor weddings
If you are addicted to Texas singer songwriters and country music (and other alternative music including Bluegrass) Texas Outside will provide you some excellent and fun venues and links to what's happen' in Texas each month. The following is a sampling of what you'll find in the Texas Music Section:
Texas Outside Newsletter
If you're an outdoor enthusiast, then you should sign up for our free Newsletter with will be loaded with fun things to see and do in Texas plus new reviews of campgrounds, lakes, and golf courses; upcoming cool events; some specials and bargains; fun filled trips to take; and much more. Sign up below to start getting our free newsletter.
We can also use your help expanding the content -with your comments, reviews, rating, and pictures (keep 'um clean) on fun things to do or places to visit.My Texas Student Groups will help you write better college papers and LjFreelance.com is a great resource for freelance writers from Texas.