Camping In Texas - Texas State Parks, RV Parks, and Campgrounds
If you want to go camping in Texas, on this page you can quickly find a Texas RV Park, Texas campround, or Texas State Park and you can read our RV park and Texas State Park reviews to learn more about that campground. The Texas RV Park and State Park campground maps will help you locate a Park for camping and there will be links to camping and RV Park coupons and discounts as well as an easy way to make a Texas campround reservation.
Click on a Texas Region to see a map with information on State Parks, RV parks, and campgrounds in that Region
Texas Cabins & Cottage Rentals - Many RV parks now offer Cabins/Cottages in addition to RV sites, which is excellent for friends who want to visit with you during your stay in an RV Park or they are an excellent alternative to boring expensive hotel rooms.
Texas State Park and RV Park Reviews and Ratings
Another great way to find a new campground or RV Park is to read our review of Parks where Texas Outside has enjoyed a stay. You'll find information on the best sites, what to see and do, Park amenities, pictures, and more.
- - reviews and ratings of Parks with lots of good information
- Texas Outside's Favorite Parks - see the list of Texas Outside's favorite Texas Parks
- Featured Park of the Month - read a review of a Park we recently visited and what we thought about it
If you're interested in finding out how we rate Parks, check out Texas Outside Park Rating Scale . If you have an RV Park or campground that you would like to recommend to our visitors or have listed on Texas Outside, please contact us.
RV Parks With Cabins & CottagesRV parks have started adding cabins and cottages, typically known as park models, within their RV park. A great amenity because it provides RVers with some place to put friends or family who want to join you who don't have an RV. And the RV cottages and cabins are an excellent alternative to expensive hotel rooms and most of the cabins come fully equipped with kitchens, lofts for the kids, front porches, BBQ grills and picnic tables, and more. Plus the cabin guests have full access to all of the RV park amenities. Here is our list of Texas RV Park Cottages and Cabins, most of which are within some of the best RV parks in Texas. If you're interested in buying one of these inexpensive factory built homes for your property or RV Park, then here is a link to .
Texas RV Rentals
Texas RV Rentals - visit Texas Outside's RV Rentals Page for a more complete list of RV rentals in Texas. Renting an RV, popup, or trailer is a great way to have a wonderful family vacation or try a unit before you spend the big bucks on a new or used one. Some rental firms include:
Texas Travel and Vacation Articles
Before you head out, read some of these articles to find other things to see and do during your camping trip or as you are exploring or vacationing in Texas's
- Thank God For Weekends – relive fun-filled weekend trips to a park, lake, music festival, or some other exciting place or event. If you can’t have some fun reliving some of these trips, then you should probably watch the weather or cooking channel on TV all weekend.
- Weekend Adventures - we've got a fun filled weekend for you to enjoy
- Travels With Grandma - take some trips with grandma as she explores the Texas backroads
- Golfing Texas - why not add a round of golf to your next camping or weekend trip - the Golfing Texas section has a quick way to find a golf course near your campground or RV park, course reviews, and coupons
- - if you like to explore Texas cities, then these articles are for you
- Fun Things to See and Do - pick a city and see a list of articles on what there is to see and do in that city
- Lakes and Boating - check the Lakes & Boating section of Texas Outside if you want to fish, boat, or camp on a lake - you'll find lake reviews, boat rentals, fishing guides, cabins, lake camping, and much more
- Exploring Texas - this section has lots of fantastic information on Texas cities (restaurants, things to see and do, golf courses, etc.)
A number of Texas Outside sponsors and clients have been kind enough to offer Texas Outside visitors a special on camping and other fun things to see and do in Texas. So before you head out, check out the:
State and National Parks savings on camping and entrance fees:
- Texas Saver Card - This FREE card will save you 10-15% off daily camping fees at over 300 Texas Association of Campground Owners member parks!
- s – You can enjoy unlimited visits to more than 115 state parks and state historic sites without paying the daily entrance fee. Members also receive exciting "members only" discounts on camping, lodging, park store merchandise and recreational equipment rentals and are eligible for special promotions. Support our Texas State Parks!
- Golden Age and Golden Access Passport - For US Citizens 62 or older the Golden Age Passport is a lifetime entrance pass to federally operated parks, monuments, historic sites, recreation areas and national wildlife refuges administered by the federal government. The small annual fee provides free entrance and a 50% discount on federal use fees charged for services such as camping, boat launching, and parking. The Golden Access Passport is a free lifetime entrance pass for citizens who are blind or permanently disabled.
- National Parks Pass -The National Parks Pass is an annual pass that provides admission to any national park charging an entrance fee. The pass is valid for one full year from first use in a park.
- Golden Eagle - For an additional few bucks, a Golden Eagle sticker may be purchased and affixed to a National Parks Pass to cover entrance fees at not only national parks, but also at sites managed by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, the U.S. Forest Service, and the Bureau of Land Management.
Texas and National Discounts On Campsites
- Texas Outside RV Park Camping Discounts Page offers Texas Outside visitors some great savings on you next camping trip
- has some good deals on campsites at some of the best campgrounds and RV parks in Texas
- members receive a 50% discount at nearly 1,000 quality RV parks throughout Texas and the United States - the per year membership pays for itself on the first camping vacation.
- has a membership program offering members a significantly reduced price on campsites across the USA
- Passport America members save 50% off the regular rate at over 1300 participating campgrounds throughout the United States, Canada, and Mexico. State, National or Corps of Engineer parks are not included in this program.
- Join the Good Sam Club a small annual fee you'll receive a 10% discount at over 1,600 RV Parks & Campgrounds in the U.S. and Canada -- as well as many other valuable member benefits.
RVs, Pop-up's, and Trailers
RV’s are a Texas Outside passion (our diesel pusher is our 5th RV since 1976) and RV usage is growing in popularity because of their convenience and elimination of a lot of the pain in camping. However, it is still great fun to tent camp and some of our best experiences were tent camping out of the back of a 1967 Mustang – painful but a lot of good memories.
The RV Section of Texas Outside has some content on dealers, rentals, RV's for sale, and lots of other good information.
Visit TexasRV.com for information on RV shows, dealer locator, RV rental locations, RV service facilities, and to sell your RV or buy a new one.
Below are some companies that offer a variety of RV Services including repair, parts, tires and more. Also included below is a list of Texas RV dealers. a sister website is dedicated to RVs and has a more comprehensive information on: RV dealers, service, and repairs; RV gear, equipment, and merchandise; RV social networking/forum; and much more - check it out and let us know what you think.
- RV Storage
- Shell Storage - Georgetown - 24 hour gated access, well lighted with secured fencing for uncovered and covered RV storage which is conveniently located to I-35
- RV & Boat Storage - Houston - over 3 acres of full service storage with covered or uncovered RV sites
- Keller RV Storage - Keller - covered and uncovered storage with electronic gate access, RV wash facilities, and RV convenience facilities (dump station, compressed air, water, ice, etc.)
- All Star RV Center - Plano - covered and uncovered RV storage plus a good selection of RV parts/supplies and RV repair and other services
- RV Services and Repairs
- - Dallas Fort Worth area - mobile detailing, washing, waxing, and more
- Texas RV - you can search a comprehensive database with lots of RV service and repair shops
- Outdoor Fun RV - Dallas/Plano Area - over 20 years experience servicing RVs covering RV services from painting to transmission repair
- - Plano Tire does excellent RV repair work
- RV Parts and Accessories
- Texas RV Dealers
- Select RV dealers - by RV manufacturer and city
- - Fleetwood, Forest River, and more
- McClains RV - Winnebago, K-Z, Dutchman, Gulfstream, and more
- Vogt- Newmar, Jayco, Four Winds, Monaco, Tiffin, and more
- Holiday World of Houston - Safari, Beaver, Holiday Rambler, and more
- Buddy Gregg - County Coach, Monoca, Prevost and more
- PPL Consignment Sales
Camping and RV Resource Center
- Family Motor Coach Association (FMCA) is the largest club for RV owners. They offer discounts, accessories, trip routing, and much more.
- Texas State Park Guide -- this electronic version of the Texas State Park Guide is meant to help you plan the best trip possible, with maps and information on some 120 parks and historic sites
- -- for $19 they offer discounts, a magazine, trip routing, and more. Join now!
- – there is nothing better than food cooked outdoors at your favorite campsite -- my mouth is watering just thinking about some of the good camping grub that we’ve listed here. How ‘bout sharing your favorites with us – keep ‘um simple, remember some of the Texas Outside Members may be camping out of a tent and cooking on a wood fire. However there are a few of us that eat better in the campsite than we do at home!
If you are looking for a new Texas State Park, RV Park, or Texas Campground to enjoy for the week or weekend, you should find this section of value. Texas Outside will provide a review and rating of the campground, a list of park amenities, and our favorite campsites. You’ll see the fun Park activities in a "Typical Texas Outside Day", which includes hiking, biking, climbing, golfing, and more. Best Texas Campgrounds to find the State Parks, RV parks, and campgrounds that we have reviewed.
When we review and rate a Texas State Park, RV Park, or campground, we use a tough rating scale and it’s hard to get a “10”. Each campground is rated on:
- Scenic Beauty: flat with no trees or character gets a “1” and hills, lots of trees, beautiful lake site, and lush ground cover gets a “10”
- Park Condition: the cleaner, well kept, and maintained campgrounds receive high scores
- Amenities: we are looking for lots of amenities like restrooms, dump stations, playgrounds, boat ramps, shelters, concession stand, rental toys, and more.
- Campsites: low scores are given for sites that are right next to each other (good for getting to know your neighbors, but not what we’re looking for when we’re camping); have no lantern holder, fire pit, grill, or picnic table (or it’s rotten wood); have no trees, no view, and are crushed rock (my bare feet hate that stuff!); have no water and electricity; and require a lot of work to get your rig or tent level.
- Things To Do: Bonus points are given for campgrounds that offer lots of fun things to do at the park or very nearby – this includes: biking, hiking, climbing, boating, entertainment, golf, swimming, fishing, volleyball, horseshoes, and more.