Surfing, Windsurfing, and Kitesurfing In Texas
Texas offers plenty of locations, from Galveston to South Padre Island, for surfing, windsurfing or kiteboarding. You'll typically find steady winds that are perfect for windsurfing and kiteboarding or kitesurfing. The surf along the Texas coast is consistent and great for learning how to surf.
Surfing – the waves aren’t the biggest in Texas but you can still have fun surfing along the Texas Gulf Coast.
- Texas Surfing spots and more
- South Padre Island surf cam
- Ratings, pictures, and more on some top Texas surfing locations at Wannasurf.com
Texas surfing cams
- Tides, forecasts, wave direction and more at Surfhouse
- Surfing links and content
- Indoor Surfing - check out where you can try the newest sport to hit Texas that's a lot of fun and an excellent way to learn how to surf
Is it just me, or does the wind really blow strong all year round – making Texas a paradise for windsurfing on any of the over 100 Texas lakes or along the Gulf Coast from Galveston to South Padre. Click on any of the following links for more information:
- Texas Surfing and Windsurfing Links
- Corpus Christi Windsurfing Association
- Texas Windsurfing Events
- Windsurfing links and content
- offers windsurfing rentals and lessons in the Galveston Bay and Clear Lake
Kitesurfing or Kiteboarding
Wow – this looks like fun! Kiteboarding or kitesurfing is very similar to snowboarding (without the snow) and wakeboarding (without the boat) – actually the only real similarity is they both use boards. Take the board, add a giant kite for power and lift, throw in some strong winds, and get ready for a real thrill skimming along the water’s surface, jumping the wakes, and getting some terrific “air”. Kiteboarding is the fastest growing water sport in the world because of the freedom, fun, and thrill it provides the riders. If you can provide some additional information for Texas Outside visitors, please email us.
|Texas Kitesurfing Links||Description|
|Air Padre Kiteboarding||Lessons & equipment plus some other good info of kiteboarding in South Padre|
|South Coast Kiteboarding||South Coast offers kiteboarding lessons in Corpus Christi|
|South Padre Island Kiteboarding||Lots of cool content on kiteboarding|
|Free Kitesurfing Magazine||world's number one kitesurfing magazine and is available online with lots of good articles, techniques and tips, videos, and more|
|How To Kiteboard||A free progressive reference for kiters to review skills already learned in a professional lesson environment and to provide information for non-kiters who would like to be better prepared before taking professional lessons|