Top Ten Things To See & Do in Bastrop
Here is a list of Texas Outside's fun things to see and do in Bastrop
- Camping - camp at Bastrop State Park or stay in one of their cool stone and wood cabins, a Texas Outside Favorite rated 8.2 stars - read the review of Bastrop State Park to find out more about this great park. LCRA operates South Shore Park on Lake Bastrop and it is a very nice park with good sites on the water. There are plenty of other private campgrounds in the area.
- Golf - there are four great courses in and around Bastrop with prices ranging from $25 to $145 a round - check out the Golf Texas Section of Texas Outside to read reviews, locate the Bastrop golf courses, find specials, and book a tee time - the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Wolfdancer Golf Course is a Texas Outside Favorite and rated 8.6 stars. Use this Bastrop Golfing Map to find other nearby courses.
- Biking and Hiking - Bastrop State Park has some outstanding hiking trails and a 13 mile road ride from Bastrop State Park to Buscher State Park - read our biking and hiking section to find out more about the trails. Lost Pines Nature Trails & Colorado River Refuge has 95 acres of hike and bike trails along the Colorado River at the end of Texas Parks & Wildlife El Camino Real Paddle Trail. You can rent a bike from .
- McKinney Roughs Nature Park - McKinney Roughs has over 15 miles of hiking, biking, and equestrian trails and other outdoor activities
- Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa - this premier resort on the banks of the Colorado River is ideal for the outdoor enthusiasts with outstanding golf, hike and bike trails, pool, horseback riding, and lots of sponsored activities for adults and kids (kayaking and float trips, GPS scavenger hunts, zip line and climbing wall, and more) - read our review of the Hyatt Lost Pines
- Explore Bastrop - check out downtown Bastrop for quaint shops, good restaurants, restored houses, and a short hiking/biking path along the Colorado River
- Nightlife - Cindy's Hog Wild is a fun bar with good food and live music
- Canoeing and Kayaking - tube, canoe, or kayak on the Colorado River which has two outstanding paddling trails - has information as well as kayak and canoe rentals, shuttle service, and guides plus new and used kayak for sale as well as gear
- Fisherman's Park - visit this river side park to picnic, fish, relax or get some exercise -there is a hiking/biking trail along the Colorado River, tennis courts, baseball field, volleyball court, and a boat ramp
- Lake Bastrop or the Colorado River - the Colorado River runs through town and offers boating, canoeing, swimming, and fishing plus Lake Bastrop is just outside of town and is good for fishing.