Top Ten Fun Things To See & To In Corpus Christi
Corpus Christi is a fantastic place to vacation or spend a fun weekend. You'll find lots of attraction, events, and fun things to see and do in Corpus Christi. Use our Corpus Christi Map to help you find some fun activities. Here is our list of the Top Ten Things To Do In Corpus:
- Get Some Beach Time - you've got lots of options for places to play on the beach, fish, soak up the rays, or just relax in the sand and watch the sun set. You can drive your car for miles on the beach and primitive camping is allowed on some beaches. Surfing, kiteboarding, fishing, and swimming are all very popular. North Beach is a good beach on the bay just northeast of downtown and Padre Island and Mustang Island offer miles of Gulf shoreline or Padre Island National Seashore has 70 miles of more isolated sand and shell beaches.
- Go Fishing - the bays and marshes and Gulf all offer excellent opportunities to land your limit of fresh fish ranging from blue marlin to redfish. If you don't have a boat, rent one, or call a Corpus Christi fishing guide to help you land your limit.
- Play Tourist For A Day - visit one of the many Corpus Christi tourist attractions like the USS Lexington, Aquarium, Heritage Park, Museum of Science, Maritime Museum, Botanical Gardens, or the Art Museum - you'll find each of these on our Corpus Christi Map. We really enjoyed the Lexington and the Aquarium. See our Corpus Christi Attractions Page to learn more about some of our favorite attractions in Corpus. We like to park the car and ride the bright red Corpus trolley cars to get to any of the fun spots or bike to many of them.
- Hit The Links - Corpus Christi has a number of public and private golf courses and you should be able to find one that fits your budget or skill level. Our favorites include Newport Dunes and NorthShore Country Club. Check out this Corpus Christi Golf Map to find a course and to read our reviews.
- Party Hardy - you'll find numerous bars and restaurants with cold drinks and live music. The entertainment district downtown has several fun bars. A couple of our favorites for a fun time and good music are Brewster Ice House and Executive Surf Club.
- Ride the Waves - take a surfing, kiteboarding, or kite surfing lesson or rent a kayak and paddle the waves - our Other Fun Stuff page has links to each of these sports. South Coast Surfing and Kiteboarding call tell you about the good spots and give you some lessons.
- Rent A Boat - rent a waverunner, kayak, pontoon boat, fishing boat, or ski boat and enjoy the water for a day or charter a sailboat and go sailing - you'll find rentals on our Corpus Christi Boat Rentals Page . The Corpus Christi marina has boat, kayak, and sailboat rentals as well as fishing charter boats and paddle wheelers for bay, sunset, or dinner cruises.
- Bike or Walk Along the Bay - biking, jogging, walking, or peddling a surrey along the bay is a great way to spend a day. Park the car at the marina and go either north or south on a wide paved trail that goes along the bay and south into a nice housing development. Head a couple blocks west from the marina and you'll find good restaurants and nightlife and head north and you can enjoy the Museum of Science & History or the Art Museum. If you like boats, you'll enjoy the Corpus Christi Marina - have lunch, appetizers, drinks, or dinner at Joe's Crab Shack or Landry's in the Marina.
- Explore the Area - Rockport and Port Aransas are a couple of our favorites and both offer lots to see and do, good beaches, biking, fun nightlife, golf, and more.
- Check Out The Birds - the surrounding area is well know for bird watching - check out our Bird Watching Page for more info
Use the Google map below to find any of the above and more on the map
Austin Website Design - Lone Star Internet