Top Ten Fun Things To Do In Fort Worth
Fort Worth is a very fun and friendly city with lots of events and fun things to do. Here is our Top Ten Favorites. Also check our our Weekend Adventure - Frolicking in Ft Worth.
- Bike Around the City - the Trinity Trail System is over 58 miles of biking, running, or roller blading trails and this Trinity Trails Map has some great information on the trials and here is a link the official Trinity Trials Website. Most of the paths are wide and paved as they meander along the Trinity River and around the outskirts of Fort Worth. Read the which is about spending a weekend in Fort Worth with the car parked and biking everywhere you go. Check out biking around Fort Worth for more trails.
- Party In The Square - Sundance Square is in the heart of downtown Fort Worth and always has some type of fun event going on. There are plenty of shops, restaurants, and fun bars. Some of our favorites include: margaritas at Razoos, appetizers or dinner on the roof of Reata, a play at the Bass Performance Hall, sample the beers at Flying Saucer, or dance the night away at City Streets
- Go Cowboy - you can't leave Fort Worth without visiting the Fort Worth Stockyards - take in a rodeo, enjoy some good food, or party all night long at some outstanding and very fun bars. Our favorites are White Elephant Saloon for music and drinks, Cantina Cadillac for drinks with wall to wall fun people, or Riscky's Steakhouse. The Stockyards are also home to Billy Bob's Texas which is huge with all sorts of stuff to keep you entertained, including good music.
- Check Out The Monkeys - the Ft Worth Zoo is a fantastic zoo that the entire family will enjoy. Lots of animals in very well done simulated natural environments with trees, rocks, and waterfalls. Facts and interesting information about the environments and the animals that live there make the zoo a great learning experience.
- Enjoy a Festival - Fort Worth always has some type of fun and entertaining Special Event - like Mayfest, Main Street Festival, music festivals in the square, and rodeos
- Get Sophisticated - visit the Fort Worth Cultural Center where you can spend lots of time exploring the Cultural Center which has plenty to see and do including; 3 art museums, Nature and Science Museum, Will Rogers coliseum which always has some event, Botanical Gardens, National Cowgirl Hall of Fame, Omni Theater, Casa Manana Theater, and the Livestock Exhibition Hall. All, except the Botanical Gardens are with a few blocks of each other, so park the car and enjoy as many as you can.
- Go Golfing - Fort Worth has some outstanding golf courses at very reasonable rates. Use this Fort Worth Golf Map to find a course and read our review. Some of our favorites include: Hawks Creek, Fossil Creek, and Doral Tesoro
- Party Hardy - it doesn't get much better than the Fort Worth Nightlife - the locals are friendly, sincere, and out to have a good time. You can find everything from folk to jazz. Here is our list of favorites: Fred's for partying with the locals on the patio with ok music near the Cultural District; White Elephant Saloon for good country and a fun setting and Cantina Cadillac for the local young party crowd, both in the Stockyards area; Reata bar; 8.0 for crowd watching, good music, and a great patio in Sundance Square. We are not big fans of Billy Bobs, but for first timers, it is a must.
- Wine & Dine - you won't go hungry or have to search hard for a good Fort Worth Restaurant - you'll find great gourmet food, excellent seafood, and some of the best Mexican in Texas. The link will list restaurants by category. Here are just a couple - Reata, 8.0, Joe T Garcia (excellent reputation but we find it a little boring), Chuy's (a chain by excellent Mexican food), or Papadeaux's (again a chain but superb seafood)
- Get Wet - visit one of the nearby Lakes - check out Benbrook, Eagle Mountain, Lake Worth, or Joe Pool for skiing, boarding, fishing, camping, swimming, boat rentals, and a good time. Try the annual raft at Eagle Mountain Lake, Tommy Alverson's music festival at Joe Pool Lake, the new WakeSport Ranch to learn how to wakeboard and show off to all your friends and fellow boaters, or just drop an anchor and swim or fish.
- Enjoy the Trinity River - bike along the miles of trails, kayak, fish, swim, or picnic or better yet enjoy live music while you float in tube on the river - check out Panther Island Pavilion for details