Here is a list of Texas Outside's Top Ten Fun Things To See & Do in Galvestion. If you're headed to Galveston for a vacation or weekend then try some of these Galveston attractions and things to do. You'll also find them and more on our interactive Galveston Map.
- Pedal a Bike -bike on the beach or along the seawall which is a long paved trail along the seawall or there are some unique and interesting housing developments to ride through near the State Park as well as 4 miles of multi-use trails across from the State Park for hiking and mountain biking around the bayou - our favorite is to bike along the seawall with frequent stops at some of the bars and restaurants facing the ocean
- Visit the Strand - you can't leave Galveston without checking out The Strand for quaint shops, restaurants, and nightlife
- Go Boating, Kayaking, Fishing, or Parasailing - take a kayak eco tour with
or launch your own kayak or rent one and explore the bay and bayous across the street from the State Park; charter a fishing boat; or rent a kayak, jet ski, pontoon boat, or ski boat or go parasailing with
- Tour the Historical District - ride bikes through the Historical District and see the beautiful restored homes dating from the 1800's
- Explore the Houston Bay Area - about 20 minutes from Galveston is the Houston Bay Area which has lots to see and do - check out Kemah for rides, waterfront dining, and entertainment - read the Exploring Southeast Texas Thank God For Weekends to find out what to see and do in Kemah