McKinney Texas Things To See & Do
If you plan on visiting or vacationing in McKinney Texas, here is Texas Outsides List Of Things To See And Do:
- Go Golfing - If you like to golf, you have a number of excellent golf course choices within 30 minutes of downtown McKinney. Some of our favorite nearby McKinney Golf Courses include: Heritage Ranch and Trails of Frisco. Or you could sign up at Hank Haney's Golf Ranch and then enjoy an affordable & relaxing round of golf at Oak Hollow, the city's public course.
- Nightlife & Music - Hanks Texas Grill is a Texas Outside Favorite place to hang out for excellent live music, good food, and superb service. They feature some of the best Texas singer songwriters in a outdoor type venue and also have a sports bar.
- Hit the Lakes - Lake Lavon is minutes from McKinney and it's good for boating, skiing/boarding, fishing, and camping. You will find other nearby lakes and campgrounds on this map. For restaurants, a party cove, boat rentals, and more, we like Lake Lewisville
- Bike The Trails - the McKinney bike trails are some of the best in North Texas and you'll find over 30 miles of trails to fit any skill level. Erwin Park (4300 CR 1006. 972-547-7480) is a 212-acre city park that features a natural wooded area with trails, a fishing area, three picnic pavilions with restrooms, playgrounds, lots of open space and one of the toughest mountain bike trails in the area. Overnight camping is available - reservations required.
- Play In The Parks - McKinney has a number of parks for picnics, disc golf, biking, or just relaxing. Play disc golf at the Alex Clark Memorial Disc Golf Course.
- Visit A Museum - Heard Natural Science Museum & Wildlife Sanctuary has 289 acres of natural history exhibits of flora, fauna, and geology, plus live native animals, native plant garden, and educational programs. Or check out the or .
- Go Shopping - has over 900 vendors offering antiques, arts, crafts, and other items. After a day of shopping discover your new favorite restaurant in McKinney's downtown square which is home to more than oa dozen unique restaurants - from upscale dining to sandwich shops and coffee houses.
- Get Some Exercise & Play Some Games - Visit Towne Lake Recreation Area which is a picturesque city park that features a 22-acre lake with swan paddle boats, lighted hike/bike trails, two picnic pavilions, restroom/concession services, playground, two sand volleyball courts, nine lighted horseshoe courts, fishing pier, six lighted recreation softball/baseball fields.
- Visit Historic Downtown McKinney - in Downtown McKinney you'll find over 100 retail shops including specialty shops, art galleries, furniture and antique stores, book stores, gift shops and apparel boutiques. You can step back in time by visiting the Heard-Craig House an elegant 100 year old home and Chestnut Square Historical Village featuring seven restored buildings.
- Sample Some Wine -
McKinney, with 3 wineries has been added to the Historic Texas Wine Tradition and you'll find some good wine in Historic Downtown McKinney wineries, a wine bar in Adriatica or at Collin County's first winery and vineyard in a rural setting. Sample some wine at:
- Landon Winery - 101 N. Kentucky (on the downtown square) - (972) 542-3030
- Lone Star Wine Cellars - 103 W. Virginia (on the downtown square) - (972) 547-WINE (9463)
- Wales Manor Winery - 4488 CR 408 (east of Highway 5/north of U.S. 380) - (972) 542-0417
- Zin Zen Wine Bar & Bistro - 6841 W. Virginia Parkway (in Adriatica) - (972) 547-4620