Top Ten Fun Things To Do On South Padre Island
South Padre Island is loaded with fun things to see and do during a summer of winter vacation. The Island is only a half mile wide and 34 miles long but it is jammed packed with fun things to do - it would be impossible to get bored on a South Padre Island vacation. And the weather is great year round - a tad warm during the summer but the Gulf breezes help keep it pleasant and the temperature during the winter averages around 70! We had a fantastic and fun seven day vacation on South Padre Island after our 2010 Christmas and here is our list of ten things to see and do on South Padre Island - it was hard keeping the list to just 10.
- Go Parasailing -
will take you parasailing on Laguna Madre Bay behind their custom boat and up to 600 feet of line - a fun experience and fantastic views of Port Isabel, South Padre Island, the Bay, and the Gulf of Mexico
- Eco Tour & Dolphin Watch - you can't leave South Padre Island without boarding a boat and cruising Laguna Madre Bay in search of playful dolphin frolicking in their natural environment - and combine it with an Eco tour to learn about the local fish and more that will be brought aboard the boat from dragging the bottom of The Original Dolphin Watch's boat
- Ride on the Beach - you can drive your car for miles up and down the beach, or better yet saddle up and go for a horse back ride along the beach, over the dunes, and into the surf with Horses on the Beach - they also rent ATVs that you can ride up and down the dunes
- Sail with the Pirates - at first it sounded a little hokey and much too touristy, but our grandkids and all the kids on the boat and every adult quickly had a smile on their faces (plus a moustache painted on by the pirates) - a fun time with the pirates on the Black Dragon
- Go for a High Speed Boat Cruise - if you like speed, then you need to jump about The Thriller and cruise the Bay at over 50 miles an hour
- Go Fishing - South Padre Island is a fisherman's paradise - you can go deep sea fishing, fish the bay with a private guide or on a large fishing boat, drop a line in the bay from the pier, or fish in the Gulf of Mexico surf - nothing better than fresh fish and some restaurants will cook your catch
- Enjoy a Sunset Dinner Sail - sail on a 48 foot catamaran for a stunning sunset dinner cruise on the Southern Wave
- Try Surfing, Kiteboarding, or Land Boarding - if the wind is blowing, which it usually does, try surfing or take a kiteboarding, kite buggying, or land boarding lesson from Air Padre Kiteboarding
- Play Some Golf - within an hour of South Padre Island you'll find some fun and unique golf courses - here's our list of the best golf courses in the Rio Grande Valley
- Eat, Drink, & Party - you've got plenty of excellent choices for restaurants, beach bars, and lively night life - just don't burn yourself out, you've got lots of other fun things to do
To learn more about most of the above, read our vacation on South Padre Island article.
Austin Website Design - Lone Star Internet