Take Me Out To The Ball Game
Dell Diamond, Round Rock, TX
Depending on the occasion (reunion, birthday party, corporate event, or weekend adventure), Dell Diamond offers a variety of 4th birthday came around we decided to treat him, all of his friends, as well as the parents and some of our friends to a party and ball game at Dell Diamond. When we told him what we were planning, he immediately ran into his room, put on his T-Ball outfit, Longhorns baseball hat, and cleats and came back out with his bat and glove yelling "let's go!"
For group outings and special occasions, Dell Diamond offers a variety of party and ball game options, some of which include:
- Pool & Spa - this one is the ultimate and it includes a gated private area above the right field berms with a swimming pool, spa, deck, cabana, and tables and chairs - it doesn't get much better than watching a good game on a hot night while cooling off in the pool!
- Picnic Area - the picnic area was perfect for our event because it includes a tented area, picnic tables, playground, and plenty of room for the kids to run around as well as a view of the ball field - the kids had a blast
- Suites - three private suites as well as a luxury sky box suite (panoramic views from the exterior deck or the plush air conditioned very comfortable suite) are available for small to large groups of up to 500 people
Each of the above options come with tickets, parking passes, pre-game buffet, and drinks. Our buffet included Angus beef burgers and dogs with all the fixings plus chips, cookies, soda, water, and a keg of beer which we proceeded to float before the end of the game. We brought our own cake but Dell Diamond does have a special Birthday Party Package which includes a cake, favors, and most importantly, the opportunity to run on the field with the mascot during the 3rd inning - what a thrill for kids and us old baseball fans!
Everyone in our party had a great time - the game was enjoyable, the food was good, the playground was perfect for the kids, and Dell Diamond is fantastic. What a great stadium - in addition to standard ball game box seats, all of which have an excellent view, you have several other choices on where to place your buns to watch the game. The grassy berms along the outfield are perfect for kids or anyone that wants to stretch out and they are only $6 or try the rocking chairs in back of left field.
- Climbing Wall
- Speed Pitch
- Batting Tee
- Bungee Bounce Trampoline
Plus you have the standard souvenir shops, cotton candy, popcorn, and peanuts as well as the on field entertainment between innings. Dell Diamond is fantastic for kids and adults of all ages. And best of all, it won't cost you an arm and a leg for four to six hours of fun and entertainment. Dell Diamond is an outstanding park and it's easy to understand why they have received countless accolades some of which include: being named the "Best Double-A Ballpark in the Country" by Baseball America magazine in 2003; featured in Baseball America's 2005 "Great Parks Calendar;" and listed on ESPN's "Great Baseball Destinations" map.
For a really good time, make your trip to Dell Diamond a weekend adventure and include some or all of the following:
- Spend the night - across the street (a three minute walk) from Dell Diamond is Old Settlers RV park (read our review of Old Settlers RV Park to learn more) with several sites with water, electric, and sewer connections or Round Rock has plenty of hotels near the ball park
- Play in the Park - Dell Diamond is at the entrance to Round Rock's Old Settler's Park so bring your fishing pole, frisbees, bike, tennis racquets, and bathing suits so you can bike or run the 3 miles of paved trails; get involved in a sand volleyball game; try to win a set or two of tennis; set your hook on a bass, perch, or catfish; watch or play cricket, baseball, or soccer; fly a remote controlled airplane; play 18 holes of disc golf; or enjoy a picnic lunch or BBQ dinner
- Play some golf - you have lots of great choices for golf in and around the Round Rock area - use this Round Rock golf map to find a course and read our review and rating
- Eat Good BBQ - at the entrance to the Dell Diamond parking lot, you'll drive right past one of the best BBQ joints in Texas - Salt Lick has good food and live music - and you'll be hard pressed not to want to stop as you drive into the parking lot, hear the music, and smell mesquite grilled ribs and chicken
- Get Wet - on a hot day, you and the kids will enjoy the slides, water cannons, lazy river, and more at Rock'N River Family Aquatic Center within Old Settlers Park
Have a good time.