Texas City Vacations
This section is designed for anyone who is interested in vacationing in Texas and exploring some of the Texas cities. Dallas, Amarillo, Austin, Corpus Christi, El Paso, Houston, San Antonio, and other Texas cities are loaded with fun things to see and do. When you visit the Texas Outside Guide for each Texas city you’ll learn about some of the city’s history; the location of fun places to visit like museums, zoos, and amusement parks; where to stay and where to go for some good grub; when there are some fun local events and festivals; where to golf, hike and bike; and some cool nightlife locations. You will find a city guide for most of the citieswithin each region by clicking on the city within that region on the Texas map below. The major city guides include:
Check out our Clickable City Maps of some of Texas Outsides cities to stay and play. On the maps you can quickly find Texas Outside's list of fun things to see and do in the following cities on your Texas vacation:
For most Texas cities, you can click on the following to find: Texas Apartments
The map below will help you find some fun things to see and do during your Texas vacation. You can click on a colored Texas Region on the map below and then click on the city or other item of interest like lakes or State Parks ( S.P. means State Park and they are green) to find more information on things to do on your vacation in Texas. Most of the items on the map have links. For example, click on the Central Region and then click on Fredericksburg to find outdoor activities and fun things to do in Fredericksburg.
Click on any Texas Region for lots more information
Texas Vacations - Traveling and Exploring Texas
If you enjoy traveling around Texas and exploring new sights and cities, then you will enjoy this section of Texas Outside. In this section you will find:
- Travels with Grandma - ride with Grandma as she explores the Texas countryside
- Thank God For Weekends - relive some of Texas Outside's fun weekends - and then use this as a plan for your next weekend
- Weekend Warriors - we have done all the research and laid out a plan for a fun filled weekend for you
- Fun Things To See & Do - a list of Texas Outside's Top Ten Fun Things To See & Do in some Texas Cities
- Exploring Texas - read about some fun things to see and do in Texas
- Bavarian Hill Country Guide -if you like touring outside of the major Texas cities, there are plenty of opportunities for hiking, camping, biking, fishing, shopping, boating, and scenic drives in the Bavarian Hill County Guide
- Highland Lakes Road Trip - don’t leave Texas without spending some time in the Austin hill country and the - you can’t claim to be a native Texan unless you have spent time on each of the lakes!
Whenever we visit a new city, we are also adding to the city page a list of the Top Ten Things to See and Do, so look for it on the city pages - new Top Tens are added each month.
Texas Vacations - Texas Resorts And Vacation Rentals
If you are thinking about a vacation or a fun weekend, then consider one of the many great Texas resorts or rental properties. Here you will find some information on Texas resorts, resort reviews and ratings, resort reservations, lake rentals, and more. To learn more go to:
We welcome your comments on any of the resorts or rentals and would love to know about your favorites – please.
Kids Activities - Kids Activities and Fun Things for Kids To See and Do in Texas
This page is dedicated to kids of all ages - from tots to teens and in betweens. You'll find a lot of activities and fun things for kids to see and do in Texas - everything from amusement parks to zips lines. And most of them can also be enjoyed by us kids at heart!
Texas Venues For Corporate Retreats, Reunions, & Outdoor Weddings
- If you are planning a corporate, corporate special event, or executive retreat for some fun, team building, planning or strategy sessions, you need to check out the our Corporate Retreats Page. You'll find some of the best venues in Texas for your next corporate or executive retreat. The majority of the venues listed can help you with meals, team building sessions ranging from archery to zip lines, and any other special requests.
Texas Reunions Page - We have found some outstanding places for you to hold your next college, family, fraternity, or any other type of reunion. Our Reunions page has a list of fantastic places for a reunion with good accommodations, fabulous food, and lots of fun things to do.
Texas Outdoor Wedding Venues - Planning on getting married and need an outdoor venue to make your wedding special and memorable? In the Wedding Section you'll find the best Texas outdoor wedding venues plus a list of vendor for all the other wedding services
If you enjoy Texas county music and outdoor concerts, any type of festival or event, and other fun things to do in Texas, then you need to check out the following:
- Texas Outside's list of upcoming events
- Reviews of fun music and other events
- Texas Music Page
- Texas Outsides list of favorite events, festivals, and concerts
Texas Bed & Breakfasts - Tired of hotels and expensive, boring hotel food, then try one of the many Texas Bed & Breakfast locations listed on our TexasB&B's page - a great way to spend a night or weekend and explore Texas and learn about the local culture, events, and fun things to do.
Attention Iraq and Afghanistan Veterans - to show thanks for your service to our country and to recognize the sacrifices you made for us, a number B&B's, Guest Cottages, Inns, and Hotels from Fayetteville and other communities within Central Texas are offering you a 1 or 2 night stay at their establishments. Click on this link to learn more. Thanks again for your service.
- visit our wine page to find wineries, wine trails, and more. Texas wineries are experiencing explosive growth and there are over 90 spread throughout the State. Texas wines consistently win medals in national and international competitions and are ranked with the best in the world! If you like wine, you’ll have a blast touring the Texas wineries. Plan a few days traveling around the Texas Wine Trails. You can learn more about Texas Wines at the Texas Department of Agriculture.
If you are from out of State, you can’t leave Texas until you have stayed at a Texas Dude Ranch – they are also a lot of fun for you native Texans. TexasDude Ranches offer lots of things to do including riding,fishing, hunting, golfing, hay rides, trail rides, outdoor barbeques, and much more – kids will love staying at one of the many Texas Dude Ranches. You can find some excellent dude ranches to enjoy on our Texas Dude Ranch Page.